Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Upgrade from FTTC to FTTP Challenges

Go to solution

@pauldavies1980 

You need to continue on this thread, as its an upgrade to your package. Its important to keep all of the replies in the same place, so people can see what is going on.

As @pippincp  has said, a moderator cannot help with this. You will need to keep chasing the FTTP team until the upgrade is complete, and you have a working service.

0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Keith_Beddoe @pippincp ,

Fair enough, thanks for your feedback i'll continue to chase up with the FTTP team.

Regards,

Paul

0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Update today I think we have some movement, whilst not live or working yet an issue has been identified. The call back from BT (although 2 hrs late than planned so missed the call as I was in a meeting) left a VM and had said the issue was back to OpenReach and not BT and to book another engineer after Wednesday. As it happens a neighbour had FTTP installed last week and had exactly the same issues, same circumstances & same result with OR coming back again to fault find & investigate. The firm thoughts are now there is an issue at the Exchange past infrastructure level and has been raised again to have this solved - not counting my chickens yet as this was raised by OR at the point of my install, but at least I'm not alone in having the same issue so fingers crossed, soon I may be able to see the PON light tinkle with movement of data 😃

0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Update just coming up to 1 month since installation, no further in terms of a working FTTP offering with many neighbours now in the same situation as me, equally as frustrated however still keeping patience for the time being.

I believe it has been defined now as an OR infrastructure issue which must be between the Openreach kit on street level and the Internet back haul they are struggling to fix and resolve, however at least it has ownership now. 

And so it continues, advised to wait another week....

0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Just shy by a few days reaching the two month milestone since order, I am finally activated and live.

A BT tech was booked for today between 8-1, was a no-show but changed from an appointment to awaiting visit confirmation, with a random text earlier in the week saying a survey needed to be done before install ???

No engineer visit, or engineers is the visible area leads me to believe this was at exchange level; technically not been told by BT it's live yet but have been watching it like a hawk.

Thanks for those who did offer advice in the early posts

jasonmleds12
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution
Did this work out for you in the end? It sounds like I'm in pretty much the same situation (but still on day 2 - but wanna keep the ball rolling as FTTC has been deactivated)
0 Ratings
pauldavies1980
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @jasonmleds12 ,

All worked out in the end and has been rock solid ever since getting near enough top speeds daily; I think as our street had just been connected up to FTTP there must have been something 'at the other end' not connected. Once it gets traction for a resolved it should be sorted pretty quick. 🙂

jasonmleds12
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

yeah same here - something at the head end wasn't connected up properly so I wasted 4 days on a crappy 4g dongle - but it's all up and running now 🙂

0 Ratings