cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lola1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Upgraded to Fibre end of Feb, still waiting for it to be connected!

Hello, I upgraded to superfast Fibre after 2 years on standard slow broadband so was over the moon! However it has not gone to plan. I signed up on 28th February. New hub arrived on 5th March, service was supposed to be activated by 7th March. This didnt happen due to a "service delay" and I would be updated in a week. Ok I thought a week is fine to wait. Every week since then I get a weekly update to say its still delayed. I made a complaint and spoke to the complaints team via phone, they informed me it was due to faulty ports in my cabinet and that Open Reach were out fixing it. So each week its another delay. I get a text on 9th April to say that external work is in progress and my new services will go live on 10th. Yesterday came and went with no changes. Today the internet has been on and off so was hoping something would be happening. I log onto the app and it said "sorry things are taking longer, we will update if any delays". Well its already delayed?? So on the end of my last text from BT it said I could reply if had any queries which I have done and have now been told that order is delayed again until 18th April!!! What on earth is happening here? Faulty ports again apparently. Now I go on the app and the order being in delay has now disappeared as of 13:46. So I literally have no idea what is going on, whether it will be activated today or not. Absolutely shocking.

If the fibre ports were not ready then why on earth did I get an email to say they were and was able to upgrade, should never have been offered if it wasnt ready. Joke.

Dont even know what I am expecting from the forum but is this normal behaviour from BT? I have had standard broadband for 2 years with no issues at all apart from being awfuly slow. 

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Upgraded to Fibre end of Feb, still waiting for it to be connected!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
lola1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thank you much apprieciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Hi @lola1986  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that your broadband order has been delayed due to faulty ports. We will be happy to check on your order and update you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Message 5 of 24

Hi @lola1986,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm really sorry there has been a delay in your service being activated.

I've checked the details of your order. I can see that the reason for the delay is during the activation of your service, the available ports in the cabinet were diagnosed as being faulty. The suppliers are in the process of getting those replaced unfortunately this has taken longer than expect.

I've taken over the complaint on your account and I've raised an escalation with our suppliers. I'll get back in touch with you tomorrow as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
lola1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Thank you for your update and reply. Look forward to hearing more.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Hi @lola1986,

The Wholesale escalation team have got back to me and confirmed that they've picked up your case. They're chasing an update with openreach with regards to the faulty ports in the cabinet. They've agreed to update me tomorrow and as soon as I know more I'll get back in touch.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
lola1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Re: Upgraded to Fibre end of feb, still waiting for it to be connected!

Thank you again it's much appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Hi @lola1986,

The Wholesale escalation team have got back to me. They've confirmed that the work repairing the faulty ports at the cabinet has been completed. They hope to complete the activation of your service on the 18th of April.

I'll follow up with you on the 19th to make sure things have gone to plan.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
lola1986
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Thank you Paddy it's much appreciated. Fingers crossed this is the end of things!
0 Ratings