cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading package - but not able to?!

Firstly my contract is coming up for renewal and BT want to sign me up for another 2 years.

They email me an offer which is going from fibre 100 to fibre 300 for 71p cheaper but on a 2 year contract.

So i call them up but tell me the offer is the same price as i am paying now? why would it be different from the email.

Secondly, i enquired about fibre 900 and they told me that was about 20 quid more per month.

However when i go to the BT website and search for my address it offers it to me for £5 more than what i am paying now. So happy days i will have that... but no, when i speak to customer services it tells me that offer isnt available. WTF.

I guess i cancel my contract and then re-join do i to get this?!

Crazy.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading package - but not able to?!

the costs you are seeing online website are for new customers and leaving BT and then rejoining will not be classified as new customer otherwise eveyone would be doing it  there needs to be a gap of months from leaving to rejoining

try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see if you can negotiate a better deal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
trick97
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

i spoke to someone already and they were not very forthcoming with any offers! as i mentioned even contradicting their own email.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

personally I would try again as it is unlikely you get same person

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings