Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 42

Upgrading to Infinity

Go to solution

Good afternoon all....

A friend of mine is currently, at best, getting 4mb download. I pointed out to him that his cabinet has now been upgraded so he could get Infinity.

Nigel.JPG

When he contacted the sales team, he was told he would have to pay to get out of the 9 months left on his adsl contract before he could upgrade to Infinity. I know that I did not have to pay this charge when I upgraded 2 months ago.

Does anyone better informed than me, know whether or not this is correct ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: Upgrading to Infinity

Go to solution

try using the options team  0800800030  they are uk based

I didn't have a problem and my adsl contract was only 2 weeks old

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly.....

I just wondered if this was something new before I steered him in that direction......Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution

I just changed less than 2 weeks ago so effectively my adsl contract was 2weeks old wehn ordered and 4 weeks by install - no problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

BT were even sending out letters to customers telling them they could upgrade from ADSL to Infinity and remain on the same price option until their ADSL contract was due for renewal, which obviously meant that you didn't have to "pay off" your ADSL contract to that.

Highlighted
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

That's exactly what I thought......Have just phoned that number, and they confirmed this.....I think my mate has been talking to one of our continental cousins.....!!!!!

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

Hello

When were the letters from BT sent out out these offers to existing customers ?

I never received one or contact by email ?

I was put onto another 18 month Contract when my BT Home Hub2 was faulty in February. They suppled a Home Hub 4 " for free " if I went on a new ADSL contract.

I later applied for BT Infinity 2 in March ( see other post elsewhere ) but this is still ongoing.

Would this mean my Contract would remain at £ 18 rather than £ 26 a month ?

(btw I know most are on £ 16 a month for Unlimited ADSL but I was told £ 18 ).

I am finding this Forum very useful for many topics. I wish I had joined earlier ( time constraints ).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

@2020Inf wrote:

Hello

When were the letters from BT sent out out these offers to existing customers ? They get sent out all the time. I usually get about one a month.

I never received one or contact by email ? I don't know what criteria BT use as to who or when they should be sent out. 

I was put onto another 18 month Contract when my BT Home Hub2 was faulty in February. They suppled a Home Hub 4 " for free " if I went on a new ADSL contract. You must have been out of contract and on a monthly rolling contract or they would have supplied a new Homehub for free.

I later applied for BT Infinity 2 in March ( see other post elsewhere ) but this is still ongoing.

Would this mean my Contract would remain at £ 18 rather than £ 26 a month ? You would need to contact the options team 0800.800.030 about that but I doubt they will keep you on the same price with out a bit of negotiation. (btw I know most are on £ 16 a month for Unlimited ADSL but I was told £ 18 ).

I am finding this Forum very useful for many topics. I wish I had joined earlier ( time constraints ).

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

having just switched from adsl to infinity there were no deals similar to that which I had when renewing adsl

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

@2020Inf wrote:

Would this mean my Contract would remain at £ 18 rather than £ 26 a month ?

(btw I know most are on £ 16 a month for Unlimited ADSL but I was told £ 18 )

Do you get free evening calls? That's normally £2 extra.

Interestingly, I have been told before over the phone that there are effectively three prices for each service.

• The super discounted 6 months half-price type offer which is only available to new customers.
  • The discounted 'standard' price listed on the web pages.
  • The full price which applies to existing contracts when discounts end.

When my discounts ended recently I got moved onto the full price which was slightly higher than the 'standard' price quoted on the web site at the time I ordered. I knew this would happen as when I made the order I questioned why things didn't quite match what I expected and they explained it as above.

I've noticed one advert running on TV with an 18 month minimum term where if you listen carefully (or pause and read the small print) they say it's half-price for 6 months, then discounted price X from month 7, then full price Y from month 19.

0 Ratings