cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 42

Re: Upgrading to Infinity

Go to solution

The full price had also been upped slightly in the last Jan price rises, but that is a different factor I was aware of which just added another £1.15 to the full price before I even got put onto it. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

In reply :

I was near the end of the contract but no reminders were given. It was by chance that the Home Hub was not working as it should. So i rang Customer Services.

For a while I was told it was the BTVision Box causing the problems but any solutions given did not cure them.

A new Home Hub did better but I was put on a new Contract for it.

I was one of the first ever customers of Ondigital when it was being prompted years ago. Then BT went on to the Vision box eventually.

The only letters I ever got was to prompte Sky Sports 1 and 2 when it became available to BT a few years ago and also BT Sports.

I have never been on a rolling Contract but do pay a paperless monthly direct debit for phone. broadband and TV.

I dropped the "free" phonecalls as I was being charged £ 8 for not using the "free" calls enough to qualify for "free" calls ( not sure I understand the logic either but true non the less ).

Thank you for the 0800800030 I can only ask if it applies to my circumstances.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

the number is freephone so phone and see if they can help - they are uk based so no language problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

I tried the 0800 800 030 number.

Can anyone tell me how to answer the lady robot voice ?

She suggests what I want but then answers me by saying about my Order ?

Then the call ends.

Without being sexist is this the wife who when you ask something you get an explanation but not to what you asked.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

when you phone then go for mac code option and you will get through to options team

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for the information imjolly

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

Hi again

I managed to reach the Options team, as you suggested but they have " never heard of that offer ".

So it looks like only a privileged few were offered the upgrade price from ADSL to fibre for the same price.

I was told to ring the number as stated in the letter offer. I do not have this letter so cannot ring there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

I don't think you will get that offer which was probably at start of fibre to encourage people to move but now there is no incentive required and if you don't move when first available you may find a capacity problem later.  this will be increased but could take a few months

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

@2020Inf wrote:

I was near the end of the contract but no reminders were given. It was by chance that the Home Hub was not working as it should. So i rang Customer Services.

For a while I was told it was the BTVision Box causing the problems but any solutions given did not cure them.

A new Home Hub did better but I was put on a new Contract for it.

I have never been on a rolling Contract but do pay a paperless monthly direct debit for phone. broadband and TV.

BT never reminded you because you weren't actually 'near the end of the contract'. It's a very common misconception.

Please see  https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/contract-due-for-renewal/m-p/1279365

It sounds as though BT might have been a bit naughty by suggesting that you needed to start a new contract in order to get the replacement HomeHub. If the equipment was still under warranty and was faulty it should have been fixed or replaced for free without affecting the existing contract.

All normal BT contracts require just 30 days notice for optional cancellation after the agreed 12/18/24 month minimum term has been completed. This is what people generally mean by a rolling monthly contract.

Hope that doesn't sound too pedantic, but it might help to make things clearer when you are talking to the Customers Options Team. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution
Re: Upgrading to Infinityon ‎07-06-201417h04
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I just changed less than 2 weeks ago so effectively my adsl contract was 2weeks old wehn ordered and 4 weeks by install - no problems "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I copied the above post as dated 7-06-2014

It was March when I enquired about Infinity so it was months ago when I got a new Contract but no offers were given ?

My first Order was in March/April for BTInfinity so if someone changed 2 weeks ago then BT could have said the same to myself. I was just told again that the price for BTInfinity2 is £ 26 a month ( no offers ). The reason I took this rather than

£ 23 a month Option is the installation charge for the cheaper Option is a one - off £ 30.

Just to emphasise I was not aware of any ADSL to Infinity Upgrade offers and these were not pointed out to me by letter, email or sales on the phone in February/March.

The Options Team just stated today that they " have not heard of the offers" mentioned.

I do have a second VOL sales Order now as the first one was " mixed up ". It would be good to have BTInfinity for £ 16 a month like a " new customer ".

Yes maybe they were, as you say naughty, in suggesting they would send me a Home Hub 4 to replace the Home Hub 2 if I took another Contract. The Home Hub 2 being Unfit for Purpose.

I am unsure if it is a requirement to replace a Home Hub router if faulty. They do advertise for a Home Hub at £50 or £60 to get better wireless connections. Not that I need wireless myself.

As long as something works I am a happy customer. Even though loyalty is not rewarded by anyone these days. I always change my car or home insurance for instance to another provider as it is cheaper ( for Info. only ).

0 Ratings