cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: Upgrading to Infinity ( still waiting )

Go to solution

Thanks for you phonecall Sean.

However I have still no idea how much BT are charging me for the BTInfinity2 I did not get. The method you stated in 

an email still shows me in debt until September for something I do not have ??

I have decided I have had enough of BT and have requested a final Bill.

Can you explain why my Line Rental cannot be refunded which I paid to save for the BTInfinity install ???

I am going to contact Watchdog and my Solicitor on this.

Thank you for you help but it seems you and I are fighting a losing battle with BT. My only option to fight back for this poor service from BT is by the above method.

You have tried your best but it seems that BT do not respect any past, loyal customers. There is no incentive to stay when new customers can get BTInfinity very cheaply (on paper) per month. Existing customers cannot even get installation done and for a higher price.

I can still be reached on email, phone or Forum unless BT decide to remove me altogether from their memories.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

I presume you have paid for Line Rental Saver which is non refundable per this link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13962/kw/line%20rental%20saver/c/345,5518/session/L3R...

Whilst you will argue that you only paid it to afford? BT Infinity you are using a phone call for your calls and therefore it is an active service.

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for the LINK

It does not say a refund cannot be given when BT have NOT provided the service I am paying for ie BTInfinity2. I repeat I have been charged until 19 SEPTEMBER for BTInfinity that has not been provided.

I had to reset my password to gain access to MYBT account. It still shows that I am in debt ? Yet in January I was half a K in Credit. Before I even paid for the Line Rental saver as a one-off payment.

My calls are pennies so where has the money gone ?

I can pass a link which states a £ 10 refund  should be Compensated for EACH appointment that BT have not arrived. They cannot keep blaming BTOpenreach. BT are the company that hired BTOpenreach to carry out the work.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/kw/compensation/c/761,6077

I have never received any compensation though I have asked for it by phone.

You cannot create a law to state one thing while ignoring a law that states another.

If you hire a subcontractor to complete work for you and it is not done. You are liable for that.

I have an HNC in Building Law and a friend of mine is a Solicitor in Law practice.

Watchdog and my Solicitor will no doubt will find out which is the case for the above.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

You misunderstand - I am assuming that you have a phone line which you are using. If so then the LRS relates to that aspect of the service NOT the Infinity contract which is separate from the phone line and its associated rental costs.

Contact the mods re the compensation aspects as they should be able to help you out with that. Your legal friend will confirm that you can't recover the LRS as you have an operating phone line which you use.

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

Message to Sean and Moderators

Thanks for you phonecalls.

Openreach turned up to connect a loose cable to my outside wall on 3 and 4th July.

I received a call this morning to say external visit would be on 9th July and internal on 11th July this week.

So at least some progress at last.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

Hi 2020inf,

Thanks for posting back, it was me that called and left the message Smiley Happy

It's great that we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel with this.  I'm not here on Friday but you'll here from me again on Saturday.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 37 of 42

Re: The Never Ending Story .........

Go to solution

Cancelled again already !!!

I just got another phonecall at 14.30 pm to say the visits are cancelled again ! Within hours of the new dates given this morning at 9.00 am. So ignore my post of early afternoon as already it had changed yet again.

9.00 am all is On for 9th and 11th July then at 14.30 pm all is Off again. Now the dates are 21st and 30th July supposedly ?

I wish I had so many dates with a girlfriend has I have had with BTOpeneach. On the other hand if a girlfriend cancelled dates so many times as BTOpenreach then no way would any relationship ever happen.

May, June and July to get a date then be cancelled each time for:

a) Cost ?  b) no material available?  c) Council refused permission ( untrue ) and now d) the computer will not allow the work to be done ???

New excuse is the best ever !  Computer would not let us come on 9th July and 11th July. "It will not let us come on those dates, we are sorry".

BTOpenreach is running out of excuses now. Not sure what excuse will be given when 21st and 30th July comes along and passes by.

Ordered in March. Charged for it for 3 months in June until September ( still showing on my Bill in MYBT ).

Just glad BTOpenreach are not supplying my Water if it takes this long to lay a cable and socket to a house. 

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

In reply to the Moderators:

Tunnel is pitch black and no light in sight. Good thing I have a supply of candles.

If BTOpenreach supplied electricity I would buy a Log Burning Stove.

Excuse the metaphores.

You are probably as frustrated as I am. I am beyond any sense of reality now, with the excuses I have been given, when I know for a fact that the reason is that too much work is trying to be done by a limited workforce.

Just tell the truth for once is all I ask of BTOpenreach and not lame excuses, which are unbelievable or quite simply, lies.

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 39 of 42

Go to solution

Hello again Moderators ( and Sean )

I tried to receive a Final Bill from BT as I am now past the stage of ever wanting to be a part of the BT shambles of Customer Services

I got a letter in July was told to wait until September. Now the Bill charges are up to December.

I have tried contacting BT and keep being sent to the wrong department, as usual. I was told I am still with BT but I have no phone line and my Broadband was cancelled. I have paid a years line rental in February but the latest Bill even has a charge for this.

It seems I will never be rid of BT. Should I contact my Solicitor to resolve this ?

I am in Credit on my Bill but I have been charged from Sept - December again.

How do I get a FINAL BILL as no one seems to want me to leave BT and I have left !!!

0 Ratings
2020Inf
Contributor
Message 40 of 42

Re: Difficulty paying bill, situation getting worse

Go to solution

Hello Moderators

Can anyone tell me how to get a FINAL BILL from BT ??

I have been sent a letter to say : Sorry you left BT and we will send you a FINAL BILL shortly .

Now I have since been sent another Bill from Sept - Dec showing charges such as LINE RENTAL even though I paid for A Full Years Line Rental in February.

If I have left BT how can they send charges for a non-existant phone line and Services ?

I have tried to Contact BT but I was sent to FIVE different people and put on HOLD for all this time. No one seems to want to answer this problem. I have got a letter and email from the past confirming I have left BT.

How do I contact Libby Barr who sent the email and Letter ?

I thought I would not need to use this Forum again but it seems this is the only option that works in BT. Nothing else seems to work if you try to contact BT you arte put on hold then sent to the wrong people in a never ending circle.

0 Ratings