cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 1 of 16

Usage Monitor System

I'm on unlimited B. Band but for a long time I've been checking my usage on the BT Monitor system that I have bookmarked by adding my BT A/c number.

Went into the bookmark today & found that it is not there any more, BT have changed the site & I just see a message that I'm on unlimited usage.

Is there any way of getting the monitor site back??

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: Usage Monitor System

@Johnoo wrote:

I'm on unlimited B. Band but for a long time I've been checking my usage on the BT Monitor system that I have bookmarked by adding my BT A/c number.

Went into the bookmark today & found that it is not there any more, BT have changed the site & I just see a message that I'm on unlimited usage.

Is there any way of getting the monitor site back??

I've not looked for a while, and indeed you're right. The ID access "trick" has gone. I've tried many of my various ways of accessing the pages, and as yet not succeeded.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

Probably not. The monitor hadn't worked for some months for me anyway - at least BT have made it clear at the moment that they aren't providing the info anymore.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 4 of 16

@conrad wrote:

Probably not. The monitor hadn't worked for some months for me anyway - at least BT have made it clear at the moment that they aren't providing the info anymore.

Was working for me yesterday.

Perhaps Andy could keep trying to find a way!

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

It's working for me from the bookmark.Smiley Happy

More than likely because I upgraded to Infinity 1 20Gb usage in June.

Hope you get it back.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

@Patty-L wrote:

It's working for me from the bookmark.Smiley Happy

More than likely because I upgraded to Infinity 1 20Gb usage in June.

Hope you get it back.

The reason yours is working is because you are on a limited package. The unlimited version was only a basic "show the usage from the beggining of the month" - but needed a specific access a few of us knew about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 16

Yes I know that Andy.

I used to be on ADSL unlimited and used the bookmark then to see the use.

I believe it is the same one as Johnoo uses according to a previous thread that we both posted  in....

0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Yes Andy's hack was very useful. It would appear that BT really don't want people on unlimited to know what they're using, for obvious reasons.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

@Dode wrote:

Yes Andy's hack was very useful. It would appear that BT really don't want people on unlimited to know what they're using, for obvious reasons.

Out of interest, other than if you are a very low user on an unlimited package and want to save £2.50 a month, what are the obvious reasons for BT not wanting people on unlimited to know what they are using.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 16

BT haven't wanted people on unlimited to know how much they were using for a long time.  That's why it needed a secret undocumented back-door to get to the usage monitor.

0 Ratings