Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 381 of 462

Re: Usage Monitor not updated since 23:59 01/01/2013

Go to solution

Hi DavebyC,

Sorry you haven't yet received your warning email.  I can check to make sure this has been sent.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile.  (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section).  Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 382 of 462

Go to solution
@SeanD I have messaged you via the link.

After being issued a case number, I have been in contact with a guy in India. After several months I was assured the problem was fixed .... it wasn't. Your, BT records will show an email was sent but I haven't received one. I can do little, other than post a screen grab of my inbox.

I have been active on another community forum page devoted to this topic.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 383 of 462

Go to solution

@SeanD wrote:

Hi DavebyC,

Sorry you haven't yet received your warning email.  I can check to make sure this has been sent.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile.  (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section).  Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Hi Sean,

Are you able to explain why people are getting such varied responses from the monitor please ?

Where is the data collated, is it central or local etc. ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 384 of 462

Go to solution

I've moved forward one more day now to :-

Last usage update:

26 May 2013 at 23:59

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 385 of 462

Go to solution

I'm reading all these posts and thinking how fortunate you all are.

My usage monitor is not available to me and has been this way for over a month.

Contacting BT regarding this is like going into a black hole with no resolution whatsoever.

0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 386 of 462

Go to solution

@mentonman  I sympathise with your plight and understand completely your frustration with BT.  As I have found out myself it's like banging your head against a wall.

My introduction to programming was in the mid 1960s when it was punched tape and teletypewriters/teleprinters, then card readers/punches and line-printers. What I can't understand is, even if data is being batch processed BT region by BT region how in 2013 somebody can't actually take responsibility and sort out the problems.  A reasonably bright child of the 1980s with a Sinclair Spectrum could probably do a better job than BT.

Please, can someone in BT tell us who is the ultimately responsible person for software development and how he/she can be contacted.  If not why not?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 387 of 462

Go to solution

Hi Dfenceman,

Let me see what I can find out.  Ill update the thread when I have some info.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 388 of 462

Go to solution

Amazing!  29th @ 14.33 an email from BT informing me:

You've used more than 7GB of your 10GB in May

Hello,

You're close to your broadband usage limit and, if you carry on using your broadband at this rate for the rest of the month, you might exceed your allowance.

Only 4 days late in the warning and one day late in sending!

Whatever next?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 389 of 462

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

As of yesterday at 4pm all data in the usage monitor was completely up to date. There was an issue over the weekend which has now been resolved. Sorry for any problems this caused!

@dfenceman wrote:

Hi Sean,

Are you able to explain why people are getting such varied responses from the monitor please ?

Where is the data collated, is it central or local etc. ?

We're still looking to get a bit more info from the usage team on this and once we hear back we'll update this thread again.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 390 of 462

Go to solution

So for the third time this year, my 'usage monitor' has stalled towards the end of the month with around 6-7 GB left of the 40GB limit. At this point, I have refrained from anything that could possibly use up any GB whatsoever, yet bit by bit the mysterious added usage appears and I have supposedly once again gone over my month's limit.

At 23rd of this month, I had, according to this monitor, used 32-33GB and I KNOW for a FACT that my usage since has not even exceeded 2-3GB never mind 8. Then after finally updating the date to 28th, it makes two inexplicable alterations to the monitor, and bang, there we go again. Oh and I received a warning email today, AFTER the site had kindly updated to let me know that I had gone over the limit. 

Disgusting so called 'service'. If it wasn't going to cost so much to cancel my contract with these jokers, I wouldn't even hesitate.

0 Ratings