Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 321 of 462

Re: Usage Monitor

Go to solution

C1Rider wrote:  A week ago I had used around 8GB, this week I have used around 5GB.  Smiley Very Happy

Keep it up and maybe they'll start paying you for putting it back, like the National Grid pays solar panel owners for their excess power.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 322 of 462

Go to solution

@HHGTTG wrote:
Well I hope that my need for this monitor will be a thing of the past when, in three months time (contract end) I pay the extra and go over to unlimited BB. At least I won't have to be continually looking over my shoulder and can watch many more Youtube video of Classical works and iPlayer catch ups. It's worth another fiver a month for peace of mind.

Hi HHGTTG,

Just wish I had the speed that enabled me to run such things Smiley LOL

Still a day behind for me, viz :-

Last usage update:

29 Apr 2013 at 23:59

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
DavebyC
Contributor
Message 323 of 462

Go to solution

My monitor was also day behind and showing just 0.04GB remaining as of 29th. I was beginning to think I would incur the wrath of Auntie BT and receive a £5 penalty.  It has just up-dated to 30th and is still showing 0.04GB.

Just made it!  Most confusing.  There is an unacceptable delay between the usage up-dating and the relevant date, for that usage, being shown.

There is a similar delay between -

1. The 70% being reached and BT 'claiming' a warning email has been sent.
  2. BT claiming a warning email has been sent and BT actually sending such an email.
0 Ratings
iggyb
Contributor
Message 324 of 462

Go to solution

I now have a new problem with the usage monitor

For 1st May it tells me that I have used 0.1 GB of my monthly 10GB allowance

It then tells me that they think I may exceed my monthly allowance based on what I have used

Can BT not count

0.1 * 31 = 3.1 which is a third of my allowance

This programming should not be difficult

0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 325 of 462

Go to solution
My total for 1st May, according to Networx was 83MB but BT monitor says, 70Mb!!!!!!!
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 326 of 462

Go to solution

OK, it has now come up with yet another variation on getting it wrong.

Sometime this morning, the reading has changed from what was correct for 1st May at 2359 to was was correct for 2nd May at 2359, but it is stll saying that it is the reading for the 1st.

I have seen it change the date but not the reading several times, but this is first time I have seen it change the reading but not the date.

One result of this is that it is still telling me that I will probably go over the 40GB at the end of the month (because I had a valid high reading on the 1st) even though the total for the two days is only 2.01GB.

0 Ratings
MrCravat
Contributor
Message 327 of 462

Go to solution

I got the SAME message about maybe exceeding usage and this is the 1 st time since I was left with no choice but to pay more for Option2...and the same was said 2 months into the contract..

I have 4 months left and will be leaving for another ISP offering unlimited and a 12 month contract on Aug 31 and will be away in the USA for 2 weeks on Wednesday so  will be watching to see if this is just an attempt to get you to sign up for unlimited usage with an 18 month contract..

Shoody and 2 nd rate service has been my experience with Bt and they could easily allow everyone to have unlimited BB and not just those on contract..and i will not be renewing the yearly line rental either!

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 328 of 462

Go to solution

I see that the error with the date has now been corrected, though it is still reckoning that I might go over my limit this month - not much chance of that with my normal usage which has averaged out at about 13GB per month since January.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 329 of 462

Go to solution

My usage is showing at 0.39gb 2May  and the monitor is telling me that I am expected to go over my 10gb allowance.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 330 of 462

Go to solution

@A1944 wrote:

OK, it has now come up with yet another variation on getting it wrong.

Sometime this morning, the reading has changed from what was correct for 1st May at 2359 to was was correct for 2nd May at 2359, but it is stll saying that it is the reading for the 1st.

I have seen it change the date but not the reading several times, but this is first time I have seen it change the reading but not the date.

One result of this is that it is still telling me that I will probably go over the 40GB at the end of the month (because I had a valid high reading on the 1st) even though the total for the two days is only 2.01GB.

It did the same thing again shortly after 0900 this morning, showing the reading for the 3rd but dated the 2nd.  Also was showing a warning of a potential monthly overrun even though I had only used 2.16GB out of my 40GB limit.

It has since updated again and has corrected both anomalies.  Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

0 Ratings