cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unhappymover
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Use Any Provider but BT

Useless is all I can say. We have been waiting 4 weeks to be provided with working phone and broadband from the date BT said we would be connected. After the first two weeks I got nowhere complaining to BT on an almost daly basis. You are directed to an Indian helpline where the person sometimes does not understand the problem, and doesn't help. I was provided with 6 different dates when BT confirmed the broadband and the telephone would be working, non of which occurred. I formally raised a complaint and thought great I am getting somewhere when told a handler would deal with my problem. This was false hope! You cannot call the handler, or email because you have gone to level two. A handler phones once per day using alternative home or mobile numbers, never both, and if you miss the call they do not call call back, but just ring the next day. There are often days of missed calls. After much trying in week 3 I got through to a very useful Scottish person who organised an engineers visit. A complaints handler, however subsequently cancelled the appointment via email so there was no discussion as to whether it was necessary. After a further three days a handler called and expressed surprise and some doubt that I had not had any broadband connection for 3 1/2 weeks and said we need an engineer to visit the property. The engineer did not turn up and I cannot get hold of anyone to deal with this. If you want to retain your sanity my advice is go with ANYONE BUT BT! Still waiting for a connection 4 weeks +
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Use Any Provider but BT

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Is your phone working?

Has there ever been a phone line at your property? If so, did the last owner remember to cancel their service?

Is it a new build property?

Have you tried the  Order Live Chat Team ?

It may be an Openreach network issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Unhappymover Sorry you are still waiting to have your broadband connected.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Unhappymover
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

We have returned from holiday and the broadband is still not working, week 5+, despite assurances it would be up and running last week.
Phone is working badly.
Yes we have a phone line previous users disconnected
Not new build
What is the point of contacting the on line team? I am a level 2 priority problem issue and have since been escalated to a higher priority, which basically means I am in the statasphere and therefore out of the way with no forthcoming solution.
Useless is a disservice to the word, I have contacted the moderator so let's see what he can do.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Unhappymover,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry to see that that your service are still not connected. I've had a look at our email queue and can see that we have your details. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and wi'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings