cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeusXM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Various connection, throttling and account problems

I'm having three major problems with my new BT Infinity Unlimited 2 package that I signed up for two weeks ago - can anyone help please?

PROBLEM 1: My BT account says I don't have Broadband.

When I log into My BT, it lists my products - I have the phone and TV, but under broadband it says:

No broadband in this account

If you do have BT Broadband, then it might be that we are experiencing a temporary system fault. Please bear with us while we fix the issue. In the mean time you can check your bill for details of your plan.

Is this a known issue and why has it taken over two weeks to fix?

There is an option to check my broadband usage which confirms that data is being transmitted on my broadband, which incidentally works just fine on Speedtest

PROBLEM 2: My HH5 doesn't work with my phone socket

I've moved to BT from Sky Fibre so I've already had the installation work and Openreach modem. If I connect the modem port of my HH5 directly to the master socket, it can't connect to the broadband at all. Instead, I have to connect the old Openreach modem to the socket and then connect this to the HH5 via an ethernet cable. Shouldn't the HH5 act as a modem though and thus negate why I need a separate Openreach modem?

PROBLEM 3: I'm being throttled

Although my Speedtest connection works fine, I've done a P2P download of the World of Tanks client. This took AGES compared to my previous Sky connection, which was 40Mbs, compared to the 70Mbs I've got with BT. I've also downloaded a Ubuntu distro via uTorrent where I could track the download speeds - upload speeds seem to be unlimited, but I can't download at any faster than around 150kb/s. With Sky I could expect a dload rate of 4.2Mb/s and if my BT connection wasn't being throttles, I'd expect around 7Mb/s. I'm not getting these speeds. The contract I've signed for was a totally unlimited one and I was informed there'd be no traffic shaping of any kind. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Various connection, throttling and account problems

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

Message 3 of 3

Re: Various connection, throttling and account problems

Hi DeusXM,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having.  I can help get you sorted from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie