cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kampftrinker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Very Unhappy

I haven't even got my service installed yet and i'm already thinking i've made a mistake.

My phone and broadband are supposed to be activated tomorrow (8th Jan 2014)

Got a call today from the call centre to say the broadband wont be activated but the phone will, no real reason given apart from something about cancellation but wouldn't elaborate when pushed (i havent cancelled).

I phoned back and talked to a lady from the call centre who gave me a user name and password to use the BT wifi until the broadband gets connected (no definate date for this).

I got home from work only to find there is no BT WiFi that i can pick up, I phoned back and spoke to another lady who suggested i go to a BT shop and get a dongle, she insisted that this would work but it's just a WiFi dongle, if I cant find a WiFi point then it will not work!

I asked if i could cancel the phone until the broadband was ready to be activated, only to be told it was too late, which is BT's fault!

I could now be without internet access which i'm not happy about.

Regards

Mick

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Very Unhappy

Broadband cannot be activated until the phone line is working, its part of the broadband provisioning process, that a working phone line is in place.

0 Ratings
kampftrinker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for reply. I realise I need the phone working to get the broadband but they can be done in the same day. If they can't why would they say they can?

I can't view your link as I'm not on bt broadband yet.

Regards
Mick
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Its likely that the phone task, and the broadband task are issued separately. The broadband task could not be issued until the phone provision job was closed and the line is activated.

Provided Openreach have frames technicians available, the broadband task should be picked up within 24 hours, and activation should occur by midnight of that day.

The test that the broadband provision technician does, requires a working phone line, with the correct number, to complete the full test. This is for quality control purposes, and the results are stored electronically.

If you still haver no broadband, after you are told that its been activated, then please post back here, and someone from BT can be asked to help.

My website link does not have any extra info about provisioning, only help with general broadband and networking problems.

0 Ratings