cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Very poor customer service - broadband still not connected after 40 days of placing the order

I am hugely disappointed with BT's service. I placed my order for broadband (and phone line) over a month ago, on Feb 10th 2016. After  several emails, text messages and phone calls telling me different updates each time (my email would say one activation date and my sms a different one) I managed to receive the hub and also to arrange for the engineers to come to my house and do the connection. When the engineers left my house, they told me that something else had to be done outside the building and that it was going to be finalised on the next day. That was over a week ago and I still cannot connect to my broadband. And the most frustrating thing is that yesterday I received an email and a call saying that my order was completed and that my broadband should be working today and well, it is NOT WORKING. I have called BT customer service and after half an hour of explaining to two different people what happened, they put me through a third department and after waiting for about 20 minutes the call fell through...

Also, my activation date in my account is showing as March 2nd. That is a complete lie because my broadband IS NOT ACTIVATED AT THE MOMENT!

This is extremely frustrating and I demand a solution ASAP. I don't want any automated messages, or "copy and paste" replies, I need an answer and a solution to this NOW. I work from home sometimes and I NEED to have a reliable broadband connection in my house.

All the customer services representatives I have spoken to seem not to care at all about the status of my order and they have all been completely useless, so I would like to get in touch with a manager please.

Please let me know any information you need about my order which I will be happy to provide.

Many thanks.

Rosina

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Very poor customer service - broadband still not connected after 40 days of placing the order

this is a cusomer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT  the forum mods are BT employees but they may not ead all the forum posts

please for your security delete the order number

I asked mods to see if they can help you and they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Re: Very poor customer service - broadband still not connected after 40 days of placing the order

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have now deleted my order number.

Please I would need some help with this problem, if it is not here then I would be grateful if you could tell me where should I place my complaint.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

as I said I have asked mods to see if they can help - they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @rosinapiovani and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the order. Your best bet would be to try our online orders chat team who should be able to give you an update on what's happening with it. They're open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Sat 8am to 8pm, Sunday 8am to 6pm so can you give them a try and let us know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Hi David, thank you. I am chatting with them now.

0 Ratings
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hi @DavidM

After another four days of liaising with customer representatives (which makes a total of over 40 days since I placed my order), I still don't have any internet connection. And to my complete disappointment, I have been sent the bill!!! I have been billed for a service that I DO NOT HAVE and I HAV NEVER HAD and what is worse, the bill says “thank you for arranging to pay by direct debit. We will take this amount from your bank account on or just after 29 March”. Well, I HAVE NOT AGREED on any Direct Debit and I would not like to have any money debited from my account. As a conclusion, and after having a real nightmare liaising with BT, I would like to CANCEL MY ACCOUNT COMPLETELY. I don’t want to wait anymore, to be on phone calls for 30 or 40 minutes without ANY results, to be told that my line is fine and should work when it does not, etc. etc. I just want a RELIABLE connection which is exactly what it says in the description of my package. So, I would be grateful if you could let me know who do I have to talk to in order to CANCEL my account.

Many thanks.

Rosina.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@rosinapiovani I'm really sorry about that, we'll be happy to help you with this.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi @NeilO,

Thanks for that. I have just sent an enquiry through your "contact the mods".

Thanks.

Rosina

0 Ratings
rosinapiovani
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Hi @NeilO

I have sent you my details now. I was wondering if you could look into my account? I really want to cancel everything as soon as possible, I don't want to be dealing with BT anymore unfortunately.

Many thanks,

Rosina

0 Ratings