cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaycey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

WARNING - hoax email from ebilling@bt.com!!

Go to solution

I've received what's clearly a hoax email, but one which could fool a lot of people because of the address.  It reads as follows:-

(BT logo at top)

Dear Customer,

Technical services of the BT.com are carrying out a planned software upgrade. We earnestly ask you to visit the following link to start the procedure of confirmation on customers data.

To get started, please click below:

Upgrade

This instruction has been sent to all our customers and is obligatory to follow.

Thank You,
Customers Support Service.

The poor English clearly tells us that this probably originated from Africa or Eastern Europe, and NOT from ebilling!  😞

BT should be made aware of this - hopefully they will see this post - but as with any hoax email, do NOT click on any links, or open any attachments.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: WARNING - hoax email from ebilling@bt.com!!

Go to solution

Hi Jaycey,

Thanks for posting, I removed the dodgy link as I didn't want anyone inadvertently clicking on it. I'd recommend you forward the email to phishing@bt.com, then delete it ,the email will goes to a team who investigate these scams.  

More information on the scams we are aware of and how to spot these can be found on this link: What is a phishing scam? Is the email I have received genuine?

Cheers 

Neil

0 Ratings
Jaycey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: WARNING - hoax email from ebilling@bt.com!!

Go to solution

Thanks very much - I didn't know they had a phishing section, will do it now!  🙂

0 Ratings