joholland
Accepted Solution

WRONG ADDRESS

I moved home 16 months ago (yes 16!!! months ago) and still BT have not changed my address.  I have phoned numerous times and spoken to many people.  I have even sent a complaint in by e-mail and yet still they have me old address.  Can someone please let me know how i can get these muppets to change my address?

Sage
imjolly

Re: WRONG ADDRESS

try contacting the mods for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner
letitia

I have exactly the same issue. Twice i have been told that it has been changed and it hasn't. I have lived at my current address for 2 years and it didn't cause an issue at first, but now that i want to change to Sky, its caused no end of trouble. BT have called it a 'Tag on the line' when in communications with Sky and will then proceed to tell me that there is no tag on the line. I eventually asked them what address they had for our current house and then discovered it was wrong! ( i previously called up to get them to change the address and they only change it for the billing dept - so they have 2 address on file for me). 

I have been promised that open reach have changed the address now (did take a week though) and that it should all be sorted. I really don't like the way that BT are trying to monopolise my line or the way that they are creating so many problems. Hopefully it should be fixed but if not does anyone know the best way to proceed as i really am running out of ideas? 

joholland

I got a phone call from BT today regarding my address and they apologised and said that it has now been changed thanks to the link from the previous guy.  Proof will be in the pudding if the bill ever arrives!!! However for now i think my problem has finally been solved.  Thank you

Beginner
letitia

You are lucky. My address is still wrong. Going to contact the above e-mail address and hopefully get something sorted. So annoyed! 

Aspiring Contributor
gabnash

I just upgraded my broadband package tonight and the order e-mail came through with my home address listed as one that is 4 years old!!

mblackwell

orded Infinity and the Conformation E mail has the old address where will the equipment be sent

Sage
john46

phone BT sales and point out the error or try live help https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
They should be able to help you
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
lisab1964

same problem, even though the delivery address and teh address for the engineer are the correct one, we moved about 6 years ago !!
Beginner
letitia

I had to stay with BT for another year. Trying to move to orange this time, only to find address still wrong and my 'tag' is still on the line in the form of my grandfathers old social telephony service. (I moved into my grandfathers old house and took the account over from him.) Have tried to update everything since 2009 only to find that BT have had the wrong address for the family house on file for 48 years!!!! And yes BT admitted that! Shame it took the 48 years to get it right. Hope it doesn't take then a further 48 years to sort out the tag. BT are just so much more expensive than most providers in the area, think I maybe bankrupt by 2061!