cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Waiters list

I’m on the waiters list for wifi as there is no room in the box which is stored on the street.

My flat has a master socket 5c installed (phone line and Wi-Fi socket)

does anyone know if there is way of finding how big the waiting list is or if there is an alternative way of getting the Wi-Fi ?

thanks 

max

(my flat building is advertising for more tenants so I imagine they are going to have the same issue)

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Waiters list

@Maxsimpson 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

There is no way of knowing. All you can do is to check the availability each week, and wait until it becomes available, then place your order with BT. I assume that is your intention, as you have posted on a BT consumer forum.

Have you already tried to place an order with BT?

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

Its possible that FTTP is planned.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
Please include all notes at the bottom.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

I have already applied via BT as the Wi-Fi worked perfectly at a previous address, so there’s no way of determining a time frame or another option to gain Wi-Fi ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

There is no way to check, its down to Openreach.

Is this a new build flat?

If you post the information requested, then forum members may be able to help.

The only other option might be 4G mobile broadband.

When did you place your order with BT, and what was the response, as I assume you used the BT Home Move process from your last address?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

• 0360F720-3BCB-4DB0-891E-B39F9CD8C07B.png

EA8280E6-067F-4316-9920-9369558398AF.png

  I assume the above is what needed to be requested?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

I did not use BTmove help process as they (old flat mate) are still a tenant at the previous address, the flats are not a new build 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@Maxsimpson 

VSDL is shown as available, not a waiting list, so you should be able to place an order.

You need to be quick, as it may be just one port available.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

@Maxsimpson  Who's name is the original BT account with at your your old flat? If in your name you should do a home move and let your old flat mate take out a new contract as you can't change the name on existing accounts.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Thank you, it’s not my name, I had no dealings with BT/contact - it was an account solely linked to my friend 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@Maxsimpson 

there is no actual 'waiting list'  it is just first first served so you need to keep checking the dslchecker     from what you have posted it appears you can place an order with BT or another ISP using openreach as it shows available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings