Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisNation
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Waiting 2 weeks for broadband

Hi

So my broadband was due to go live on 23/07, as yet it is still not active. Advised that it was a new build when ordered, however the engineer sent was unable to complete the job. He then raised a job for someone to come and finish it off, we was told by openreach every day that week that an engineer was out on our job that day, they wasn't as it took til the following monday to get any real information. The information we was given was that a short fall of cable was the issue (the engineer who attended on the 23rd also told me this so no idea why that took a week to discover). Then a further week of "its being done today" we get to the end of the week and after some digging it turns out there was a laundry list of issues discovered which i had to call to find out. 

Then to top off that we was told Saturday all work was completed and services will be on by midnight, they wern't and as of now i'm being told i have to wait til the 7th of august for an update, so thats not even a commited completion date just an update. I was told last week all the hard work was done so i am confused as to what the hold up is and openreach seem to also have no idea what needs doing really.

To add insult to injury my neighbour (we are semi detatched) ordered BT broadband a week after me and was connected friday 2nd August and is now enjoying broadband (though the speeds i hear are terrible between 1-4 Mbps).

I would like to say the people who i have spoken to at BT have been very helpful(we have been offered compensation as well as the £5 a day Ofcom regulated penalty which stands at £65) and informative as much as they could, but one agent even said it was like tryign to draw blood from a  stone talking to openreach, and another said they'd not seen so much communication between a customer and openreach so early in a contract before.

Any answers that can help me even get a vague date in my head for when i will have internet would be great, though its a new build im not in the middle of nowhere i'm on the side of stevenage a stones throw from an industrial estate.

Many thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: Waiting 2 weeks for broadband

Hi @chrisNation,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry the activation of your service has been delayed. If you send me in your detail I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
chrisNation
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

• Just received an update, some work has been done but now have to wait til 13th for another update. This is beyond ridiculous now. I have read that the regulation is they must install a line within 12 working days which they are clearly going to surpass.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @chrisNation  thanks for sending over your details. I've checked and your order is with the new site's team and sorry it is taking longer than expected. They are waiting for a line plant job to be completed and they will keep you updated on your order. They are the best team to ensure you get connected as soon as possible.

cheers
John

0 Ratings