cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mitchellt93
Message 1 of 3

Waiting a month to have BT Broadband installed only to be told we have to wait another month!!

Hi, 

My name is Mitch and I have recently had the pleasure of buying my first ever home with my girlfriend. All was well and we were excited to get everything finished and settled. As we live in a new build we had to wait a while for BT lines to be installed and get our landline and broadband fitted, which we fully understood and accepted. However two days before it was due to be installed after a month long wait we were told to wait another month for everything. We live in a remote area therefore get no mobile signal and heavily rely on broadband to communicate. Not only have we not received any services from BT... they have had the Cheek to charge us for the first month. We have tried to complain but can't get far enough on the phone as we are yet to have a Landline number!!! Someone please help, the customer service has been diabolicle and we can't be stuck in our house without any communication with the outside world. Part of buying a new build home is everything is done for you. BT have made this experiece terrible. How can I get through to them and make them hurry up. Im sick of waiting!! Help internet!!!... P.S If you are wondering how i managed to post this without internet connections I am doing this at work.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Waiting a month to have BT Broadband installed only to be told we have to wait another month!!

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

If Openreach have not completed the external infrastructure, there is nothing BT retail, or any other service provider can do.

It not unusual for new builds to take many months to be connected.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Waiting a month to have BT Broadband installed only to be told we have to wait another month!!

Hi mitchellt93 and welcome.

Getting new builds connected can at times take longer than expected but I'm sure we can help with this. Can you please send over the details and I'll check what's going on for you. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings