cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Waiting for activation - what counts as the 'date an order is committed'

Hi all,

I placed an order for Fibre 500 back in September, so far I've had a couple of OpenReach visits but no work done to the property (apart from a grey arrow sprayed on the pavement). I raised a complaint about missed OpenReach appointments which was closed stating that about 30 days after my service is activated I'd be automatically credited compensation "at the rate of £25.18 for a missed appointment, and £5.04 per day from the date an order is committed". Fair enough.

However, I'm not really sure what 'the date an order is committed' means. In my account it shows an installation date 'Confirmed' for 8th Feb. Only issue is that every time it gets close to this 'Confirmed' date, the date is pushed back by a week or three. The first 'Confirmed' date was some time in October.

It would be interesting to know whether I'm going to be able to retire and live the rest of my life off my BT compensation windfall, or whether 'date an order is committed' is basically meaningless when the date keeps being pushed back.

Thanks for any info!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Waiting for activation - what counts as the 'date an order is committed'

@heavywater 

If you were given a specific date for service activation, and that was missed, or the activation failed, then you would be entitled to compensation.

As it is at the moment, such a date has not been specified.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Waiting for activation - what counts as the 'date an order is committed'

Thanks Keith.

Any ideas on whether there's any way to get things moving along on the activation side? I was expecting a wait, but 4 months with barely a peep and dates that just get automatically pushed back whenever they approach is a bit annoying. Last time Openreach actually came out to look at anything was in October or early November.

Cheers.

0 Ratings