Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATC1
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Want to switch to BT but still in contract with another provider for 3 months

Go to solution

Do BT still buyout of contracts (up to a certain amount) for new broadband customers?  I'm not due to end my contract with vodafone broadband to the end of April, but would like to switch now given some of the offers around.  I'd rather order online (I can get cashback that way) but wondered if the offer they've done previously still applied....anyone know???? thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: Want to switch to BT but still in contract with another provider for 3 months

Go to solution

I'm not sure if it can be done online, I know it can when placed over the phone, so if cashback and rewards cards are vital maybe wait for other opinions.

All the information you need can be found at Switching to BT Broadband has never been easier

It’s never been easier to switch to BT Broadband from another ISP - and now you can get up to £300 of broadband and line rental early termination charges reimbursed in full to your BT account as well.

Here’s how to receive your account credit:

1.      Once you’ve placed your order for BT Broadband, send us your final bill from your current supplier, which must state any early termination charges you have had to pay. If you receive your bills online, simply forward your last bill to switchingteam@bt.com. If you receive a paper bill, just take a photo (or scan) of your bill and send the photo to us at the above email address. Please make sure you include your BT order reference number that our agent will have given you in the subject line of your email

2.      Once we've received your final bill we will check this and send you a confirmation email to let you know we have received everything, and to let you know the amount we will reimburse to your account

3.      We’ll credit your account within 28 days. You’ll see your account credit appear on your BT account which will equal the amount we have stated in the confirmation email to you

Please note: You will still have to pay any termination charges but the credit on your BT account will mean you will get this back in the form of lower payments to BT.

0 Ratings
ATC1
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Re: Want to switch to BT but still in contract with another provider for 3 months

Go to solution
Thanks - saw this but it's from 2015 so don't know if it still applies!
0 Ratings
ATC1
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Plus if there is this offer I'll go for a start date as soon as possible. If not then I'll delay as long as I can!! Any ideas anyone (but thanks for the link too)
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

@ATC1wrote:
Thanks - saw this but it's from 2015 so don't know if it still applies!

It's still valid, the amount remains up to £300 and the email address to claim hasn't changed.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@ATC1wrote:
Plus if there is this offer I'll go for a start date as soon as possible. If not then I'll delay as long as I can!! Any ideas anyone (but thanks for the link too)

Hi @ATC1. I switched in May this year from TalkTalk. I had ages to go on my old contract and the final bill from TalkTalk was approaching £280. The refund into my BT account was quick and smooth. However I did phone to make the switch but I was discounted on my package by the amount on the reward cards etc. What I am saying is if you phone instead of doing it on line you will/should get the same rewards but in a different form. At least worth a try and ask about the refund at the same time. If they don’t offer an equivalent discount you can always go back to doing it on line. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @ATC1 as @-Richie- has said that offer is still running, however to qualify the order must be placed over the phone. 

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry to bump and old thread but does anyone know if this apply to transfers from Virgin? I’m sure I read somewhere there excluded but can’t for the life of me remember where. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@benwiddowsonwrote:

Sorry to bump and old thread but does anyone know if this apply to transfers from Virgin? I’m sure I read somewhere there excluded but can’t for the life of me remember where. 

There are no ISP's exempt from the offer, the terms remain the same.

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings