Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ant_j
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Warning to leavers... 'Hidden' £31 charge

Go to solution
OK, so I'm moving to Virgin all services, phone fibre and line.
I received an email today specifying a fibre disconnect charge. I called bt on the number on the email, the employee was very rude... It's in your t&c mate
Now I state this was hidden as you would have to look hard in the T&C, with references another document to then see this.
Unfortunately this wasn't explicitly explained at the point of joining, but I am just offering awareness to others. If you move from BT to cable expect the charge. Needless to say I am not nest pleaded with this note the impolite team member.
Anyway... Hope this helps some of you out.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Warning to leavers... 'Hidden' £31 charge

Go to solution
The charge is raised by Openreach and passed on to all service providers not just BT the charge only applied to moves to cable operators all BT are doing is passing on the charge
0 Ratings
ant_j
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks John,
Who raised the charge and what it is for is of no concern, it's more the lack of awareness on my part and more so information from BT. Plus rude employees don't alleviate the situation.
As mentioned my post I hope will warn others. Thanks for the quick reply
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
0 Ratings
ant_j
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Goodness me.
Note the quotes around the word hidden on the title and detail in my post.
Is there a document available to describe what attitude I should have experience with the staff 😉
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

There is NO excuse for rude staff.

Stew

Jane2018
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I was charged it or something similar when I closed BT broadband on one of my landlines and put BT broadband at the same time on to my other BT landline! I haven't had the strength to try to claim it back. I did not even charge provdiers and the cost was not mentioned on the phone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
The cos is in the T's and C's.

It's an Openreach cease charge.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Jane2018 wrote:
I was charged it or something similar when I closed BT broadband on one of my landlines and put BT broadband at the same time on to my other BT landline! I haven't had the strength to try to claim it back. I did not even charge provdiers and the cost was not mentioned on the phone.

@Jane2018

See http://www.bt.com/ceasecharge

0 Ratings
somniac
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
How about if the monthly charge increases? Aren't you allowed to stop the service without a charge then?
0 Ratings