cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rietmuller
Message 1 of 3

Was told account was closed but getting billed!!!

I had scheduled a home move for Monday July 7th 2014, however I found out that the move had fallen through on Friday the 4th and called that afternoon to cancel the move (Reference number VOL012-********). I was informed that because the order had progressed to the point of no return, they can not cancel it and that my phone number would be disconnected and subsequently my broadband would also be disconnected. It would take 5 days for them to restore the phone line at my current address and another 2 days for the broadband to be turned on. The representative also told me that someone would call me at 8pm Tuesday evening and to make reference to VOL012-***********. I did not receive a phone call Tuesday evening (the 8th), but instead received a text message saying that someone will be in touch with me at 8pm that evening (which is impossible because that we were already passed that time). I called the next day and spoke to another representative who said that yes, they can schedule the home move for me right away. Again I explained that my home move had fallen through and all I need is for my phone line and broadband to be turned back on at the current property. After talking through the situation, I was assured that someone would call again Thursday the 10th 8pm and to try to use BT hotspots. I told him that I had tried using the hotspotbut the service was very sporadic. If you will recall, this was in the middle of the World Cup Finals and sporadic service means that I was not able to watch any of the game. The representative told me that I also had the option of going to a Curry’s and buying a dongle for which BT would reimburse me. Given multiple service fails already, I did not really trust BT would refund the dongle and did not want to incur any additional costs. No one called and again I received another text message at 11pm saying someone would call at 8pm that evening. I called the following day Friday the 11th and spoke to Tausees at the Accrington branch and had to tell him the situation again when he look at the account and understood it to be that I was trying to schedule a home move. He tried to tell me more about the process and acknowledged that the previous representatives had failed to “cancel the assets” (referring to my phone line and my broadband) in my account and that they would first have to cancel all the assets before they can rebuild them. The reference number for this was VOL012-***********. I had no service through the weekend. On monday the 14th I called customer service again and entered my reference number into the automated system. Instead of being transferred to the usually customer service team, my call was transferred to Sales. I told the representative the whole story abovebut he still had no idea why I was transferred to Sales. I gave him my account number and said that my account was completely closed and that there was nothing in it, no balance to pay. He looked into the trails and reconfirmed that yes, the account was closed. On the 17th I received an email from BT saying that they were ready to reinstate my phone line at my new address, reference number VOL12-***********. I, yet again, called customer service and was confused as to why this is happening when I was told that my account was completely closed and that I was no longer a customer. The representative asked me if I wanted the services turned back on and I had replied no because when I was told that my account was completely closed I had gone with another service provider and started services with them. The representative confirmed that because I have not had service since the 4th and that they had made so many mistakes that I was not going to be charged for any services in July or for anything subsequently. The reference number was VOL012-***********. On 29th of July I received a bill for 29.27 for services for the month of July. On 24th August I received a bill for 29.27 and 118.81 for a charge for the package to end my contract. I consider BT to be in breach of contract by failing to reinstate my service, despite my many attempts to contact and work with BT. Even then I had kept trying to get my services turned back on until I was told that my account was closed. I should not be charged for the month of July because I did not receive any broadband or phone line service and should not be charged as a penalty to end my contract because BT had informed me that they were no longer providing any services to me, leading me to go to another provider. I had prepaid for my phone line for the year and consider it too much of a hassle to go after that sum. It was already ridiculous to have had to make that many phone calls and deal with a broken system, which in the end closed my account without giving me back my services. Now they want to charge me for service I did not receive and penalize me for a contract that I did not want to terminate in the first place. These charges are completely ridiculous and I demand that they be waived.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Was told account was closed but getting billed!!!

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Was told account was closed but getting billed!!!

Hi rietmuller,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry you've had so many problems recently.  Send over your details to us and we'll get you sorted.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings