cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

We cannot take your order at the moment. Please call us on 0800 800 150 to renew or change your bun

Having had the email inviting me to upgrade to faster broadband, this is the message I get whenever I try and go through the process.

Seems to me BT are wasting their time and money sending out these invitations if applicants fall at the first fence.

I do not wish to call the number

Any ideas?

Nick

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: We cannot take your order at the moment. Please call us on 0800 800 150 to renew or change your

On line chat , or possibly the BT Mod on here may invite you to contact them, then they call you back and discuss options ....if you are on something like FTTP it's possible the on line route cannot cater for those products, or deals and discounts on them
What is the issue with you calling ?, are you also unable to accept them calling you ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: We cannot take your order at the moment. Please call us on 0800 800 150 to renew or change your

Online chat 'failed'.

If I am unable to be upgraded I would have thought that fact would have filtered me and I would not have received the upgrade invite. In these data days I'd have thought that was possible? Basic marketing.

I don't want to call as I do not want to get caught in some telesales hell.  I just need a simple answer

N

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

have you tried logging into MYBT and see if there are any offers specific to you?

you can also phone options team 0800800030 who are UK based and they will help you with any upgrade assuming you have one available to you

what package are you on just now?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Hi @sunbeam11 Sorry you had a problem trying to place your order to upgrade to faster broadband.

The best way to place your order is either via bt.com or contact the options team above as advised by @imjolly These options would ensure that you get the best deals available which we would not be able to place orders for.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I see, I don't think putting obstacles in my path is a good way to sales funnel. Irritating really, when I thought from the email I received it would just be a matter of a few clicks. How many other people like me are going to simply give up in exasperation?

If BT want my business,they can call me, I don't see why I should do all the running.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@sunbeam11

looking at it another way if you want the best deal available to you then you need to do some minor work otherwise you just get sales calls  try MYBT or options team who will tell you best deal for you assuming there is actually an upgrade available to you - which package do you currently have.

or you can just sit back and do nothing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I went the long way around, via bt com

On arriving at the home page I was invited to 'log in and see my personalised xmas offer'

This offer it turns out is to increase my current package from 49.49 to 54.99 to receive 'superfast fibre plus' and also  to pay 9.99 for a new router. Wow!

Not quite the same deal I thought I was being offered by the email is it? And nor can I enjoy the on site fibre offer for 29.99, as I am that thing that BT doesn't seem to care about - a long time customer.

There do seem to be plenty of companies who do want my business at much lower prices though, so I will investigate those.

All BT's offer email has achieved is to alert me to how much I am paying and to encourage me to shift providers to pay less.

0 Ratings