cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayh82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

We couldn't match your address to your Sky viewing card.

Go to solution

Hi, guess I’ll try here.

I have Sky Q and trying to add BT Sports to my package, going through your website I go to the £12pm offer as I already have Broadband.

Enter all my details and I recieve this error “We couldn't match your address to your Sky viewing card. Please provide the details below that you have registered with Sky.”

I go through one live chat where they couldn’t help and redirected me to the other, you know the one which they try and handle multiple customers at the same time so you’re left waiting between each reply.

The agent also couldn’t help, said my address must be wrong, checked the address against my Sky bill and it’s correct. Asked to be transferred to someone that could help and Punya the delightful lady she is simply disconnected me from the chat.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: We couldn't match your address to your Sky viewing card.

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

is the name and address exactly the same   sometimes one in one name and other in partners name but same address - that would cause an error

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dayh82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Both accounts are in my name and my address

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @Dayh82 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, this issue is usually caused by a discrepancy between the format of the address on our system not matching that of Sky's. 

I'm really sorry the chat adviser cut you off without helping and I'll send you a private message with information on how to contact the forum moderation team and we'll be happy to help.  @Keith_Beddoe thanks for highlighting this thread to us.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Dayh82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

I copied and pasted your PM and wrote the answers next to them, tried to send but claimed my message had HTML which has now been removed, please check and send again, click send again and 

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

0 Ratings
Dayh82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

Went back to the tab and it's now showing as sent? Weird. The internet does not like me today.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

@Dayh82 I got your message as it came through on my side without any problems and your details are now in our queue. Sorry about the errors I'll raise these with the community manager.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Dayh82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Still not heard anything, FA Cup football this weekend which is what I really needed it for. I understand it’s a small team, but the message said with 48hrs, that was on Monday, it’s now Thursday Smiley Sad 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

you are in a queue of others and when your form reaches the top mods will contact you  it is normally about 2 dats but with lots of requests in can be 3 days  they will contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings