cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

We're sorry we had to cancel your recent order

Any new customers receive a text tonight saying 

"It's Order's Team from BT. We're sorry we had to cancel your recent order because there was a problem with our systems. We're working to fix the issue and will contact you as soon as we've placed a new order. If you'd like to speak to us in the meantime, please call 0330 1234 150. Thanks."

Only ordered the broadband yesterday, hub was posted out to me today, but the order tracking is saying I've cancelled the order and to return the hub.

Will give them a call tomorrow,.but was womdering if it's just me or anyone else.

Cheers

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: We're sorry we had to cancel your recent order

Dunno, but regards the router they've sent:  If it's arriving by Royal Mail, you could redirect it back to them, otherwise, I'd be making them pick it up, you shouldn't be needing to go out of your way for their mess up!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

It is very unusual for the hub to be dispatched the day after placing the order.  Normally the hub is dispatched for arrival the day before your broadband is to be activated/installed

Were you getting FTTP -fibre to your home?  Do you have broadband with another ISP and ,oving to BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Hub is arriving Saturday with an (well did have) activation date of July 14th

It's FTTP

Currently with sky.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Don't remember it being this hard  before, why don't you want my money BT lol 😛

Phoned up yesterday, they checked everything and spoke to sales support and said they will resubmit the order, to keep the hub (that arrived yesterday) and I will get a new activation date on Monday.

Didn't get any texts or emails to say the order was going through (like I did on Wednesday), and my account is telling me to return bt equipment. so i phoned today to find out what was happening.

Was told my new account is closed and that they can't see any resubmitted orders, just a note saying the original order failed. He spoke to the new sales team who tried to create a new account but couldn't as there was a message saying they had to phone home inifity fibre team, I was told the number listed with the message didn't work and no one had heard of this team.

I know I can get BT fibre as I had it for 8 years before moving to sky.

I don't see how they can resubmit the order if my account closed, and they can't create a new account because the team that doesn't exist won't let them lol.

I guess my only hope is that this team is a Monday to Friday 9-5 team and they will magically fix it on monday

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Did you have FTTP with SKY.  And are just moving to BT FTTP?

Or did you have FTTC and moving to FTTP with BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Had FTTP with BT for 8 or 9 years, moved to FTTP with sky for 18 months, now trying to move back 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@adams901wrote:

Had FTTP with BT for 8 or 9 years, moved to FTTP with sky for 18 months, now trying to move back 

Sky don't provide FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@adams901 

I think you mean FTTC with SKY. What package are you getting with BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

My understanding of FTTC is that it only has fibre to the cabinet with traditional copper wires from the cabinet to the house.

I have FTTP, there are no copper wires coming into the house, the only wires that are not fibre are the ethernet cables, it was installed by openreach with the fibre cable coming into the Comms cabinet in understairs cupboard when the house was built, as the area was a trial area.

I'm signing up to the BT full fibre 500,.and am currently on the sky ultrafast 500mb/s

Was going to go for the full fibre 900 but the whole point of moving back to BT was to save money lol

0 Ratings