cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

We're sorry your broadband isn't working yet

My activation date was yesterday and my router is still flashing orange. The order tracker has all sections complete but there's an alert that says 

We're sorry your broadband isn't working yet

The previous owner had bt broadband so I thought the connection process would be straight foward. I carried out the checker and it shows both range A and B VDSL as available.

What normally happens now? My mobile data isn't going to last much longer as I provisioned for their suggested activation date (04/11).

Thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: We're sorry your broadband isn't working yet

@Spoodermon 

The delay may be cause by a pending cease on the previous owner`s connection. That has to be fully ceased before your service can be activated. How long ago did you move in?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for the reply, the previous owner moved his broadband to his new address on 27/10.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Assuming they asked for their line to be ceased, then it could be 10 days after that date, before all cease tasks have been completed.

If you had asked to take over the line, then that normally happens on the day you told BT you were moving in. I assume you did a BT Home move?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I joined BT as a new customer, whilst going through the order process it did prompt me about taking over the existing line, which I agreed to do. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Are you connected to the same socket the previous occupant used ?, if there is more than one socket to chose from , use the Openreach ‘master’ socket , if only one socket then presumably something has gone wrong or not happened yet.
Are you getting a phone service ( not DV ) , if you are , is there a dial-tone at the socket , even if you are getting DV or no phone service it’s worth connecting a landline phone to see if there is any dial-tone , which would prove a connection back to the exchange, although a lack of dial-tone doesn’t mean there is ‘fault’, often , the ‘message’ says your service should be working and to call if it isn’t , as it’s already been noticed that your service isn’t working , they may already have invoked the ‘early life failure’ process, but it cannot hurt to contact BT to find out what’s happening 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I am connected to the same socket previously used, I'll try and get a phone to plug into the socket to test for dial tone. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I joined BT as a new customer, whilst going through the order process it did prompt me about taking over the existing line, which I agreed to do. 

Its possible that the previous owner blocked the takeover, after they receive notification, as some people do not understand what it means.

0 Ratings