cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blanker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

We're sorry your order has been delayed...

Go to solution

Sorry, just a bit of a rant really.

I am a total fool for beleiving a BT agent at 8pm when he told me that my Infinity (self install) would be activated by midnight.

This on my account at just after midnight:

-----------------------------------------------------------

We're sorry, your order has been delayed

We're sorry there may be a delay with your order. We'll let you know if this affects your service. You can track the progress in the timeline below.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Of course it affects the service! It 'aint working and I am paying for it.

I can't contact them again until the morning now as the biggest telcoms. company in the UK doesn't open 24/7

I have been waiting 6 years for FTTC - I have avoided BT as in the past we had horrendous problems. 

Anyone been in the same positiion and had success ringing up, or just passed around? Reading this forum its quite a mixed bag, some seem to get escalated and some take weeks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: We're sorry your order has been delayed...

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume that your phone line is working?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

The cabinet may be full, or it may be that Openreach are very busy, and jobs are being delayed.

0 Ratings
Blanker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

After an online chat and 3 calls to BT I have cancelled the package completely.

Words like "think" "probably" "believe" and "maybe" were bandied around so I have decided to go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@Blanker wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

After an online chat and 3 calls to BT I have cancelled the package completely.

Words like "think" "probably" "believe" and "maybe" were bandied around so I have decided to go elsewhere.

Be prepared to wait a long time for service now, as its Openreach who deal with all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media, so you are going to be worse off now, as you will go to the bottom of their queue.

There were BT employees on here that could have sorted this out for you.

If the cabinet was full, then you will still be on a waiting list. I suspect that its simply a delay with Openreach, as usually happens before Christmas.

0 Ratings
Blanker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
The reason I have left is due to the awful customer service. Within reason I don't care about a connection date, but what annoyed me most was the total lack of customer care shown by anyone apart from the guy who cancelled the package for me.
I don't work in the world of possibly, maybe, or could be. I was told by one BT employee that they can't email me. Won't is more to the point.

To have someone on this internet forum help fix a problem is reactionary rather than good customer service.

I'm not 100 percent sure yet but I may go with Zen, who still get some positive reviews and have a UK support team.
X

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
As an aside, you won't be paying for it until it's activated.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
bijeshnath
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Were you able to cancel the order without any penalty? They managed to set my order to completion after I went through the same delay. They convinced me to wait till the next date they gave me. Now they are saying my broadband is active (though it is not workgin) and I need to pay them nearly the entire contract amount to disconnect.

0 Ratings
Blanker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I was able to cancel, but I was within 14 days of making the order so I was able to use distance selling regs without any argument.

0 Ratings
Blanker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Zen have been brilliant. Phone and broadband installed on the correct day and getting 80/20 speeds.

They informed me every step of the way via email and their onine portal to show me every stage of my order.

I could not be more pleased with my new phone and FTTC provider.

BT have been, as usual a complete disaster, a very, very short and brief account:

I have been promised 3 times that my everything on my account was closed and I would receive a final bill.

3 days ago I contacted BT yet again, to be told - "Final bill on 24th January"

Today I received an email signing me up to BT Total Broadband for 3 months!

I have just spent another hour of my life on phone and chat to BT, which ended up with the customer service person POSTING (yes snail mail) my details to the 'contingency team'. Which yet again I have no proof of whatsoever, so I am not holding my breath!

0 Ratings