cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 14

What BT speeds have I paid for/where's the BT speed checker

Hi. A bit silly but it's been a while! Smiley EmbarassedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

(1) How do I find what broadband package I have & the speeds I should expect?

(2) How do I find the BT speedchecker?

Thank you

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: What BT speeds have I paid for/where's the BT speed checker

Contract details which should say speed expected.

First of all you need to go to this page. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do
Then select the order that you wish to view, and on the top right there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"

Speed test
http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Contracted speed refers to line speed not download speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 3 of 14

Hello Keith. It's rather a farce - it rejected my password so I had to get an OTP. Did that, changed my password and up came the MyBT login but everytime I enter the details I see a colouful page with bouncing blocks but then it takes me back to my MyBT login screen - no explanation such as 'incorrect details', but going round in circles!  Smiley Mad 

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 4 of 14

per snip

MyBT login probem 2018-12 4th.PNGMyBT login problem 2018 dec4th

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 14

Hi Keith. I recently had a major fall-out with BT over a 16-digit special password which they say I had and they were going to me. But they didn't - "fault in the BT system" and this was the cause of the huge fall-out, still ongoing.

The Moderators here were very helpful, Robbie Mac was the latest one to be involved.  

Could this 16-digit password be the cause of this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@Taffy078 I don't believe this type of problem has anything to do with a password issue. Send over your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted.

Are you having problems with your connection speeds at the moment?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 7 of 14

Hello Neil. My speeds have been a bit flaky in the past 3 or 4 days so I've revived my Excel spreadsheet to record what's happening. Ping ranges from 39 to 104ms and Upload from 9mbs to 13.18 mbs. Download consistent around 40mbs

When I first had problems getting into MyBT, I changed my password and then it seemed to work. I could see  the png above but it always went back to my MyBT sign-in screen after that png. 

Hoping you can resolve! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 8 of 14

Hello Neil. I've now received this - is it something you've done i.e. can I now access my account? (It's quicker for me to send this than try to log into My BT account.)

BT activate your account 2018-12 4th.PNG

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 9 of 14

I activated my ID - it allowed me to change my log-in details and password for MyBT, I then saw the 'cartoon' message about getting/retrieving info from my dashboard and was then again taken to my log in where it rejected my info.

Anything you can do please?

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 10 of 14

still happening. I'd really appreciate help on this. As soon as I can get into MyBT, I'm going to change my contact details, but it's so, so frustrating at the moment.

0 Ratings