Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 34

What a big mistake I have chosen BT!! Could any one suggest what I shall do

Go to solution

I have choose to move to BT on a black friday deal, and recived the confirmation email the same day, which is great. I would take the confirmation email as a contract of the sale between BT and myself, and what says in the email should what BT promised.

In the confirmation email, have screen shoot for the details for the appointment as blow:

Capture.PNG

On the 14th:

I have taken a day off waiting for the engineer to come, @ arround 11:00am, I got a message from BT told me, all set up, everything is ready to go!!! What a suprise, we live in an house have used virgin media for over 7 years, and no one knows where is the BT socket, and a message just told me that everything have been set up for me!!!

I have called the customer service, told the situation, their customer representive constant repeat, BT only response for active the line in the cabinate, and from their line test, everything is good, and BT do not response for find the socket for a BT main socket. After nearly an hour argument, they finally agree to send some engineer on the 17th December to come to sort it out.

On 17th,

My wife have take the day off, an openreach engineer arrived as expected, my wife explained that we would like the socket to be moved to somewhere more convient to us. After the engineer checked his log, he told me BT only instruct them to active the line, he is not allowed to move the socket for us. He do make the BT hub connected dring the visit, but that only stays for a few hour, and then the line is dropped, no one touch the BT hub.

When I call customer servie again, this time, takes more than 2 hours. I am asking they raise an job to move our socket, and the customer representiave keeps says "That's right, if you want move the socket, you need to pay  £140", when I ask them to fix the fault, the BT hub is dropped, guess what they say , he constant repeat, "we can send engineer, but if we find it is not our problem, there will be a £50 charge you need to pay". they simply ignore whatever the fact is, and read the stupid policy.  In the end, they agree to send an engineer to come on 19th Decemer morning between 7:00am ~ 9:00am

On 19th,

It is 17:00 now, No one have arrived, BT hub still not able to connect.

I am loose patient with BT now, if the problem still not able to resolve in this week, I will order broadband from some other company like talktalk or sky.

At mean time, could any one suggest what shall I do to make BT pay for what ever they have done. As far as I am concern, BT have breach the contract from day one, I don't believe any customer should be treated as this, BT should pay for what they have done.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: What a big mistake I have chosen BT!! Could any one suggest what I shall do

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

It wouldn't really matter if you had picked Sky or Talk Talk, you would probably be having the same problems, it's Openreach (not BT) that install and maintain lines, if you had ordered a new line, OR can still try and bring what they think is a previous line that existed into the property into service remotely and cancel the installation visit, this is what happened to you, unfortunately this mysterious socket that no one in your household knew about , was presumably detected when they tested your line, hence they cancel the visit, assuming ( incorrectly in your case) that the visit isn't needed.

If , after calling BT , they agreed to send an OR engineer to rectify the problem, they may have thought at that point it was just to 'fix' a non working line, not realising it was a failed install and you required the line providing somewhere that suited you rather that where the OR engineer presumably found the 'lost' socket.

If one of the Mods offers to take a look at this for you, they may be able to get OR to revisit by complaining that OR didn't install the line correctly in the first place , but as I said , Sky and TT also use Openreach lines , so it would be the same with them , if it's OR that are not dealing with your provision how you would like.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @djwinter

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've been having recently getting your services connected.  I can appreciate the frustration being told you'd be charged for the engineer when the service wasn't installed correctly in the first place.

Please send us over your details and we'll help sort this out.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

The most frustrating is the customer service do not listen, they are not trying to help to resolve the issue. There is 2 problem here:

1. After 5 days of the "activation date", the service is still not active.

2. The socket openreach engineer installed is not the place we requested them to(The engineer told us to call BT ask them to raise another job, they will do it), but BT refuse to raise another job.

Every time, I have to spend hours to explain the same thing, it does't matter what you have told them their response is always:

For problem 1: they can send out the engineer, but if it is not BT's problem, then there will be £50 charge

For problem 2: they can send out the engineer, but there will be £140 addtional charge.

Even after I have explain to them, what the confirmation email says, they could not understand(or just pretend that they could not understand), they just says, I have checked your account, what I told you is correct.

I do have some intial query to TalkTalk, their representative told me all new installation is free, it doesn't matter you have a new line or active exsiting line. Yes, I do not know what is going to happy, but I believe I would not suffering like BT. I start to pay BT, but have not recived any service, when ask for help, just told me I need to pay addtional like an robot.

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

@djwinter, Robbie, a mod, has replied on this thread. If you follow his instructions, you will get the problem solved a lot quicker than by moving provider.

djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution
Thanks, I have submited the request
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

@djwinter wrote:
Thanks, I have submited the request

Thanks @djwinter, when your details reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will give you a shout to help sort things out Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution
thank you very much.
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

@RobbieMacCould I ask when this problem will be resolved. There is no one contact me so far. it is already 7 days after the contract start, so far, we have no broadband, no telephone, and no one come to "connect your phone line and put the master socket in the best place they can for you".

If BT is not capable to fix the problem, could you please let me know, and I can switch to another provider ASAP. Without broadband, it is not convinient.

0 Ratings