Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 34

Re: What a big mistake I have chosen BT!! Could any one suggest what I shall do

Go to solution

it can take 2/3 days for mods to reply after you submit the form  you are currently in a queue of other customers waiting for mod assistance and to ensure everyone is treated equally the mods reply in order forms received  they will get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @djwinter,

Thanks for getting in touch. I called you on your mobile but got through to your voicemail. I also tried the land line, it rang but no answer.

Can you let me know if the land line is working ok for you? Is it solely the broadband that you have a problem with? I have been testing your broadband connection and it appears to be fine. Is your Home Hub plugged in and on? If so, what colour are the lights on it? I may need to arrange an engineer with you to visit and find out what's happening.

I must mention that the confirmation email does not mean that an engineer will install it to a location of your choosing. It's in a location that they think is best. I'd like to speak with you more about this and do everything I can to help you. If I do arrange an appointment to have it moved it will be a different engineer appointment from the one to help with your broadband connection. This particular appointment can take weeks for an available appointment. I'm going to be in the office tomorrow until 6pm. I'll happily give you a call to discuss this with you and put a plan of action into place.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution

@DanielSThanks for your call, and sorry, I have missed it.

First of all,I do not want explain too much, just see the picture of what is the current status:

status.jpg

And everyone from BT will tell me that I am connected. All the cables and device is what I have recieved on 13th December. It says "BT Smart Hub" at back. I am only complain the broadband here, and here is the fact. Sorry about the harsh word, but I have been asked the question more than 4 times, it really seems that I am really stupid that I do not know if the hub is online or not.

I do not have a phone I can confirm that is 100% work, so I am not able to tell you if the land line is working or not, but I do not really mind the landline.

I have called your curstomer service yesterday, and have booked an appointment tomrrow, hopefully the engineer will indeed turn up and fix the problem.(Apparently the appointment on Wednesday is for some reason cancelled without any notice, seems just not exsit, and no explaination)

With regard the socket relocate, I don't want to continuing arguing with what the semantic of  exact word  in the confirmation email, if you could help to arrange an relocation of soket free of charge, I would say thank you very much.

I will be at home tomorrow avilable for call most of time.

0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

@DanielSJust a quick update, after BT's "greate effort", the status of the appointment have instantly change to "Engineering work completed", and all status of my account be comes running great.

Woops, wait, the hub is still the same picture as yesterdays, no engineer knock the door, I have to use my mobile netowrk to reply this post.....

This is the 10th day my network should working, see what BT trying to do:

every time called, they just ask for money, and telling me that my service is all good. only 1 out of 4 engineer appoint ment is actually happening.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @djwinter,

I am so sorry for everything that has gone wrong.

I've been speaking with our broadband suppliers, BT Wholesale, about your appointments. There was a system error on their side that prevented them from accepting our appointments. I have booked an appointment directly with them for the 27/12/2018 any time between 1pm and 6pm. This will be a free appointment. If you can't be there for the appointment, or you are busy doing something else that day, please let me know. BT Wholesale have assured me that the appointment will go ahead this time.

I do feel that we've let you down. As a sign of goodwill I am agreeing to arrange to have an engineer visit your home to move the socket to a location better suited for you. This will be a free of charge visit. Once we have resolved the fault I will arrange this with you. I'll be in the office temporarily over the next couple of days, off on the 27th and back in on the 28th. I will check in with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution
@DanielS Thanks for arrange the new appointment, but I am not at home on 27th.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @djwinter.

I'll be in the office tomorrow and will change it. Is there a particular day or time that you'd be free next week excluding New Year's day? The appointments are either 8-1pm (AM) or 1-6pm (PM).

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution
@DanielS thanks. 28th morning would be fine for us
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

Good Morning @djwinter,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've changed the appointment to Friday any time between 8-1pm (AM) for you.

I've also checked my suppliers page and it has updated there too. It will be up to Openreach to make sure this engineer goes out for you now. I won't be in the office from Sat-Mon but I will be here on Friday until 4pm should you need me.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution
@DanielS, thank you very much for your help. just a quick update. a engineer come arround 12:50,after 20 minutes diagnose, he told me he can not fix now. I have decided cancel the contract.
0 Ratings