Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 34

Re: What a big mistake I have chosen BT!! Could any one suggest what I shall do

Go to solution

@djwinter

Not sure how cancelling will help, as unless you can find a provider who does not use Openreach, the problem is still going to be there, as its Openreach that provide and maintain the network

You may also encounter quite a delay, before another provider can accept an order.

It would have been better to allow @DanielS, or another of the team, to resolve the issue.

djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution
@Keith_Beddoe
I have contact virgin, they are going to get us set up in 3 days.
In order to get the installation done. BT have to make 14 days schedule, 5 appointment, 14 days delay, and finally the engineer told me, they need another appointment.
We simply could not wait again and agine and the problem never resolved. today is the last day of "cooling off period", I do not want to argue with BT about the right of cancelling the contract. it is better to call a stop now.
BTW: Today I have called custom service to ask for cancelling contract. they ask me to hold on, after more than 5 minutes hold, they simply hunging up the phone, and never call back.
DanielS is very helpful, I would like thanks for his help.
@DanielS , could you help me to sort out the cancelling?
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @djwinter I'm sorry that you got hung up on when you called to cancel. I've checked and Daniel will be in touch with you again on Wednesday when he is back in the office and he will help you with the cancellation.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution
This question is probably a little pointless now, as you have already chosen to cancel your order and get service from VM, but, in the original post you said you took a 'black Friday' deal and decided to move to BT , this suggests you had service from someone , and given the issues you have had with Openreach getting you a line and installing it where you wanted, presumably your original service wasn't an Openreach based service, so is it the case you were a VM customer, decided to change to an OR based provider (BT) , but have now decided to return to VM ?
If that is the case, what was the issue that made you decide to leave VM in the first place ? and now that you are returning to them, is whatever deal you have secured better that whatever was on offer previously , one that presumably was poor , otherwise what made you want to leave them ?
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution
it is not a deals issue now. it is after 14 days effort from BT, i still not able to get broadband, and there is no garentee when i will get broadband if i stay.
I want to get my broadband connected in a convinient place, is this is an unreasonably demand? I don't want to know how BT run their bussiness, the result is after more than 14 days of installation day, their is no where near what I want.
The customer service over the phone is not pleasant as well. I have query with talktalk and vodafone, their initial reply is much promising, but due to the install delay, i have not chosen them.
BTW: on second appointment, BT have convert my VM socket to open reach without my permission, at that time my VM phone is still active,and when spoken to them over the phone, they told me they only respone to active my line, it doesnt mater. i really have no interest to argue with them, the fact is i am still paying VM for the phone!
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

Hi @djwinter,

I am sorry to hear that the engineer wasn't able to get it up and running for you. I read their notes and they said they needed to get a hoist out to your home to connect you. They also said mentioned that you told them about going elsewhere. The engineer is confident that they can get service working within your home but without the hoist appointment they can't do that. I am sorry that the first engineer who visited your home didn't arrange this.

I take it Virgin will be using their own cabling? To confirm, are you happy for me to close your BT account for you and cease all services? If yes, let me know and I'll arrange it. I'll also help tidy up any charges for your bill.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution
@DanielS, thanks, please close my account. vm have sort out our broadband in 3 days.
thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution
I meant we already have broadband 2 days ago. and the access poimt is where I want.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

I'll arrange all of this for you @djwinter.

The services won't officially stop until the 09/01/2019. I'll check up on your account the day afterwards to make sure everything went ahead as planned. As far as you are concerned, everything is in hand with BT and it will be stopped. There won't be any cancellation charges either.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
djwinter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution
thanks @DanielS, considering we have not ever get any service up and running, I don't think I should be charged anything. once i recieved the free return label/package, i will sent the hub back.

thanks for your help.
0 Ratings