Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dikul
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

What a farce!

Go to solution

A few weeks ago I received the letter telling me that BT Sport would no longer be free, so I rang BT and was told the as I had Infinity 2 and BT Entertainment pack this did not affect me and Sport would continue to be free.  I double checked this as I never watch Sport it came as part of the Infinity 2 deal.

Last night I had an "Account Review" courtesy call to check that I understood that I would be paying an extra £13.50 per month for BT Sport.  I explained my previous conversation with BT, but was told that information was incorrect and I would be paying.  OK, I said that they could cease the Sport addon as I never watched it, the reply came that yes I could opt for that but I would be recontracted for a further 12 months.  I pointed out that I was not taking a new service so surely I wouldn't have to sign up for a further 12 months would I?  Oh yes, infact it would be 12 months on top of the 6 months remaining on my existing contract; I was also advised that I couldn't change the service with this call, I would need to ring 150 and ask to cease service.

I rang 150 and was told that I could downgrade to Sport lite with no increase in contract period and at no monthly cost, but if I wanted to stop the Sport addon completely I would have to recontract.  Surely this is unfair trading to force a customer to renew a contract when trying to cease a service that BT has decided to charge for?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Jack_F
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: What a farce!

Go to solution

You can cancel your BT Sport at any time with 30 days notice without having to recontract. Call 0800 800 150 and speak to the Customer Options Team, they may even be able to get you on BT Sport Lite on BT TV without having to recontract or lose the BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
aremeza
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Can someone please tell me the action I need to take as I am not sure where we stand with all this. I don't want BT Sports if it's not going to be free because I was under the impression it was for anyone on BT Infinity. I am on Infinity 2 together with anytime calls and I re-contracted many months ago now and will almost certainly do so again when the contract nears expiry. I don't want the sports channels if there is an added cost.
0 Ratings
Jack_F
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
From 1st of August the cost of BT Sport will be £19.99 from £13.50.
If your broadband contract is in term you will receive the £13.50 discount until the 1st of August making it free, once the BT Sport Europe channel goes live you will receive a £14.99 discount, thus making the BT Sport £5 instead of £19.99. BT's commitment has always been to get you the Premier League games free of charge, you can still do this by changing over to BT Sport Lite on BT TV or App Only, if you are in contract with any broadband package.

You will lose access to BT Sport 2 and BT Sport ESPN and you will not have access to any the Champions League and Europa League games on the BT Sport Europe channel.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you want to cancel BTSport you should call 0800.800.030 and at the prompt say "cancel" this will take you to the department where you can cancel BTSport. They may suggest that you can downgrade to BTSport Lite but if you want to cancel just refuse and tell them to cancel it. This normally takes about 5 minutes on the phone.

0 Ratings