cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhux75
Beginner
Message 21 of 74

Re: What a nightmare to live in a new built property!

Thanks - enquiry number 12113-******

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 74

Hi could you please edit your reference number as it is personal to you and this is a public forum
0 Ratings
nhux75
Beginner
Message 23 of 74

Day 38..... and still no update...

Virgin can offer spacetravel...

BT can offer engineers capable of 'timetravel'...

but they cannot...

1. Install a phone line within 38 days of an order

2. Offer any explanation why they can't do number 1

0 Ratings
nhux75
Beginner
Message 24 of 74

Day 39... still no update... even after raising an enquiry as requested by the mods on this forum!... and have they contacted me? NO!

Not wanting to be too negative, I thought I would list what BT CAN do;

1) Arrange an engineer visit

2) Ensure that the engineer DOES NOT visit on agreed date & time

3) Not pre-warn you about #2

4) Offer an apology for #2 and #3

5) Ignore their customers

And they have an undertaking code of conduct "it matters..." very questionable!?!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 74

Hi It can take up to 3 Working days for the mod team to contact youthey will take personal owner ship of your problem  until resolved they are only a small teamand very busy please give them a chance to help you they have a very good reputation 

0 Ratings
andyroo13
Message 26 of 74

In this day and age you would have thought it would be a simple matter for one telephone line to be disconnected at one address, and reconnected at another... no... it takes 7 weeks for BT to do this. I bet they have the cheek to charge me line rental too.. or penalise me for having a break in service. A time limit of 14 days should be set.. and a penalty of £15 per day over this be imposed by BT Residential, on Openreach... and then that paid to the customer. Where can I get the CEO of BT Residential's details... I think he / she might want to thank me for this brain wave!
0 Ratings
nhux75
Beginner
Message 27 of 74

Just to provide an update;  Mods got in touch with me and kept me fully informed as to what was happening.  Had to wait for openreach contractors to do the relevant work but as soon as that was done my phone line was enabled.  Ordered broadband and all working within a couple of days after receiving the hub.

Its worth contacting the moderators if you find yourself in a similar situation, their 1st point cutomer agents can't and it seems are unwilling to help. 

0 Ratings
PB11
Message 28 of 74

Nightmare service when trying to connect phone line to new property

I have been with BT for well over 40 years and have always had good service. What a shock to realise this would end when I moved to a new build. My order no. VOL012-xxxxxxxxxxx should have been completed on 4th December- up to 1pm - No engineer. Very long conversations to India followed at significant cost as I HAD NO PHONE AND HAD TO USE MY MOBILE!!I was told they could not schedule another visit for 8 days!!!! I was not happy with this and complained, this resulted in a rescheduled appointment for the Friday 7th December. An engineer called Karol eventually showed and in broken english said their was no line and he would have to re-submit job. While I was out on Saturday this must has been done as a note was put through my door saying I was connected but there was a fult on my line - where does this leave me now? Answer: Out of pocket, frustrated and feeling undervalued as a longstanding BT customer -

0 Ratings
pjtpiper
Message 29 of 74

I sympathise with all of the above, and indeed have the same issue in trying to arrange an Openreach engineer to visit. I have made several calls to BT call centres, which are usually around 45mins at a time, going through a complete order process to get BT infinity; including identifying that it was available in my area and what speeds I was likely to get - only to find that BT openreach do not recognise my address. The latest communication I received was that it had been escalated, but finally BT could not offer me Infinity because BT openreach could not recognise my address. BT openreach say that all enquiries should go through BT -  arghh.

Even though my site is still being developed, I have lived there now for 2 years - I had major trouble getting my phone line initially activated (again due to openreach) - but at the time one of the call centres was able to help out and actually arrange for an engineer.

So, in summary.......... BT openreach activated my line two years ago, I get regular bills and pay my ddebits to BT from my address, but now I want to upgrade to BT infinity, they cant find my address !

Extremely frustrated, and been going on since 16 November - my existing Internet supplier MAC is about to run out - hence trawling the Internet and forums for some help.

I notice that some links above suggest contacting the mods, so will try this now, and see how it go's

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bigyin
Message 30 of 74

i also moved into a new build house, i ordered phone tv and internet online in sept, had no word back so i phoned them, they couldnt find my order so had to do a new order over the phone that took over 30mins to do.

then few days after that they found my internet order but as its a new build they dont have my address on there system so had to call royal mail, so done that. the re did the order booked a date to get me installed which was in 4 weeks as they had to do a survey 1st. survey done every ok, booked to get installed, date got changes a few times, finaly a date that they could turn up, engnier phoned on that date said he will be there in 30 mins, 2hrs past still hasnt turned up. so yet again i had to chase it up, they told me engnier could not install as the cables in the box are too old and has to be replaced, so dont know why they never noticed that on the survey?? so they gave me a date that i will be updated on whats happening, that date changed all the time untill i finaly got my phone line install last week after 3 months!!. but the problem is now i cant order internet or tv as the job is not been booked off, its still saying on the system i havent been installed yet.

so i called last thr and they said we will sort it in 24hrs, didnt happen, called in fri again 24hrs, didnt happen, called on mon yep other 24hrs! guess what noting happend, so called on tue will be other 24hrs and we will call on wed (today) we will see.

but yes nightmare it has been, i would of canceled with them if i had cable in my area, and would be happy to pay 2 times or more as much to go with someone else, but sadly im suck with bt so have to keep at it.

0 Ratings