Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leshay
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

What a slipshod web site MyBT is!

Go to solution

Hi

OK, got email notification that my bill was ready.

Logged in to MyBT, and sure enough the bill amount shown in prominent position and in large bold type. Great. So I would attempt to view the bill cost breakdown.

Nothing at all would provide the information!

Every link that should have taken me to my bill either didn't work at all, or would take me to a completely unrelated page, or show a Javascript:void(0) as the link address, as do the Download Bill, Change How I am Billed and Edit Billing Address links.

For example: on the page titled Billing Overview, shows the bill total and a link titled View Bill - aha, just what I need - no such luck! That link takes me to a Billing and Account Help page!

What a complete waste of time.

Is BT incapable of building and maintaining a web site?

How can customers get such information as a Bill breakdown if the web site is completely useless!

The site was working fine until a recent site update - some update - it must have been quite easy to just make it completely unusable!

In the meantime, do I just wait and pray that at some point BT will waken up?

OH yeah, of course the dedicated complaints page link is dead - funny that!

Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: What a slipshod web site MyBT is!

Go to solution

@leshay To be fair, you have to see it from their point of view. BT was born out of a monopoly and still pines for those days, they are genuinely bewildered by the need for customer service. You as a reluctant customer are a source of cash, which is good, a website costs cash, which is bad. This is particularly so with MyBT which could allow you to check for billing errors, the correction of which will cost cash, which is bad. Complaints require solutions, which cost cash, which is bad.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@leshay

Its fine here. Have you tried using a different web browser?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @leshay

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having viewing your bill on our website.  I tried to replicate the issues you're having viewing my own bill but I can view all the breakdown just fine so it may be an issue with your account that needs investigating.

Can you send us over your details and we will look into this for you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
leshay
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Today, I find at least one of the links I mentioned does get me to the bill breakdown page (which was all I was trying to do).
There shouldn't be any difference at my end as I had rebooted my computer the first time and the first thing I did was to check my email - leading to my trying to check my bill. Today, similar process, booted into computer, check email, check MyBT - view bill - all working again.
So, until the next time, all seems to be back to normal again.

Thanks for your intervention Robbie.

Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @leshay Thanks for posting back to confirm all is now working OK.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings