Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 51

Re: What are my options???

Have a look at the BT TV Terms & Conditions and in particular section 24 onwards which sets out if you can cancel the contract free of charge. A change in the Channels offered generally does not qualify.

BT TV Terms and Conditions

0 Ratings
MissBeatty
Contributor
Message 22 of 51

Re: 2 Channels going!

watch a lot on those channels do you @MitoMan 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 23 of 51

I have so far not had any email about Fox or Discovery being removed or about changes to Now packages.

Yet I'm on the Now Big Entertainment package with HD add on with BT.

I know Fox was closing as read about it on another fourm.

Darren

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 51

@ney Disney are closing all of their linear channels this month so Fox will go from Big Entertainment on the NowTV Entertainment Pass. NowTV (Sky) have replaced it with all the kids channels and Discovery should be safe for a while as Sky signed a long term deal with Discovery Networks last year. 

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 51

@NigelB72wrote:

@ney Disney are closing all of their linear channels this month so Fox will go from Big Entertainment on the NowTV Entertainment Pass. NowTV (Sky) have replaced it with all the kids channels and Discovery should be safe for a while as Sky signed a long term deal with Discovery Networks last year. 

Discovery isn't listed as an available channel on either Now TV or BT websites, so presumably that deal is for Discovery through Sky only which would make sense now that they've launched Discovery+.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 51

@Andy005 Sky's press release last year said it included Discovery unless that deal is now null and void because of the AT&T purchase of Discovery Networks 🤔

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 51

Surely that deal (I haven't looked) applies to Sky @NigelB72 , Now TV has always been a lesser offering. Discovery will remain available vis Sky from what I can see but not through Now TV, either direct or through BT.

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 51

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 51

It does indeed mention Now TV @NigelB72 but as the OP has said the email mentions Discovery and it doesn't seem to be listed as an available channel now, maybe they have updated that agreement.

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 51

@Andy005 the email I had didn't mention any channels leaving just the addition of the children's channels. I knew that Fox was leaving because Disney announced this a few months ago.. 🤔