cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terry821
Contributor
Message 31 of 61

Re: 2 Channels going!

Could this just be for the legacy packages? 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 32 of 61

Re: What are my options???

Hi @slt76 

The channel line up on BT TV may change from time to time, including third-party services like NOW. Some customers who watch Fox and/or Discovery frequently have the option to end their BT TV contract early, based on the amount they watch these channels and impact to them.

Thanks

Neil

slt76
Contributor
Message 33 of 61

Hi Neil

Thanks for confirming. What would be the best number to call on to go about getting everything cancelled without any penalty?

Thanks for your help.

@NeilO 

NeilO
Message 34 of 61

Hi @slt76 You would be best speaking with our loyalty team on 0800 783 1401 Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm, Weekends and bank holidays 8am - 8pm

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 61

@Andy005  I've messaged Discovery and as far as they're aware, Discovery Channel isn't leaving NowTV.

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 36 of 61

@terry821"Could this just be for the legacy packages? "

If it was for the legacy packages, would the following channels also not be affected: Animal Planet, ID, TLC, Discovery Science and Discovery Turbo?

They are also from the Discovery stable and in my legacy package.

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 61

I watch a fair bit of Discovery but not Fox. Either way I joined BT TV knowing full well what channels were available to me.

If I were to look at taking out a new package today and it listed 6 Childrens channels and no Discovery I would not take out a subscription.

0 Ratings
terry821
Contributor
Message 38 of 61

Well that good to know 🙂 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 61

@NigelB72wrote:

@Andy005  I've messaged Discovery and as far as they're aware, Discovery Channel isn't leaving NowTV.

Thanks @NigelB72 , it's a bit odd though that Discovery isn't listed as a channel by BT or Now TV, not that I can see anyway.

0 Ratings
MissBeatty
Contributor
Message 40 of 61

Not listed meaning indeed it’s being taken off. 

No offence but people are a bit naive if they think channels are gonna stay on their package and indeed any provider forever.