cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 61

Re: 2 Channels going!

@Andy005 I've asked on the NowTV forum because their chatbot on Help is absolutely useless and they don't man their messenger. God knows why anyone would choose to have their phone and broadband from them 🤣

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 61

@Andy005 I've just been on their forums and according to their geek brigade, Discovery is going too... So I'm wondering if AT&T have ripped up the agreement between Comcast and Discovery Networks because Discovery Networks no longer exists as a legal entity. 

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 43 of 61

Earlier in this thread I asked about the effect that this will have on BT TV legacy packages. I would assume that contracts between, (what was?), Discovery Networks and NowTV have no relevance to the contract between Discovery Networks and BT - therefore the all "Discovery" channels will continue in the BT TV legacy packages.

Is this a valid assumption?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 61

My guess @NigelB72 is that it's due to the Discovery+ app, and that the Discovery Network (channels) will remain on Sky until at least the end of the contract that was announced last year. It looks like it's just the streaming platforms that it's being removed from. It's possible that this removal was part of the contract, there would be no sense in publicising it until you have to.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 61

@Paul608085wrote:

Earlier in this thread I asked about the effect that this will have on BT TV legacy packages. I would assume that contracts between, (what was?), Discovery Networks and NowTV have no relevance to the contract between Discovery Networks and BT - therefore the all "Discovery" channels will continue in the BT TV legacy packages.

Is this a valid assumption?

That would be a logical assumption @Paul608085 , although logic and common sense doesn't always prevail!

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 61

@Andy005 true... That's now Vice, Fox and Discovery going from NowTV and I'd imagine National Geographic will be following on from that as Disney have announced that they're closing all linear channels. Surely this is now grounds to cancel because that's 3 major channel changes and possibly more in the next couple of months...  Comcast have absolutely ballsed this whole thing up massively because I can seriously see AT&T launching HBO Max and pulling all their content. The whole thing could have been so different if Disney had bought Sky instead of Comcast

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 61

Aannnd NowTV has been cancelled... I've just called BT and cancelled the VIP package and downgraded to BT Sport with UHD add on 👍

MissBeatty
Contributor
Message 48 of 61

You could have done that on your account. 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 61

@MissBeatty thought you had to keep the entertainment pass as a component? 

0 Ratings
dean2230
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 61

Re: What are my options???

I am in the same boat do not needs kids channels but do watch quite a bit of Discovery