cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 51

Re: Fox channel leaving all platforms on 30th June?

I have also read on forums that National Geographic  will be also leaving on 30th June but so far nothing has been confirmed about National Geographic.

Would like Alibi to come to Now as a replacement for Fox but think we may be a month or two without any replacement channel on Now.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 51

Are people able to cancel for loss of Fox?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
MissBeatty
Contributor
Message 12 of 51

Also heard Discovery channel is stopping because it’s now got a standalone app. 

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 51

Discovery Networks signed a long term deal with Sky last year that covers Sky Q and NowTV. So it might be leaving Virgin etc but should stay on Sky and NowTV. So if you're on a legacy pack with Discovery, it might go but it should be staying on NowTV. 

Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 51

But, (currently), only the main Discovery channel is on NowTV - not Discovery Science or Turbo that I currently get in the Classic Entertainment pack with add-on?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 51

In which case I'd imagine they'll go when Discovery close down linear broadcasting. They've also got Freeview channels so they could also close. The biggest annoyance is the lack of new content their putting on their subchannels as most of it goes to Discovery+ which is locked to a couple of distributors at the moment. If they'd put it on Roku, we'd sign up immediately. 

Sky are a content aggregator and it would appear that most of their content is now owned by Disney and AT&T who have made their plans for OTT delivery quite known. 

hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 51

The market is becoming very fragmented with multiple streaming services and content providers all launching their own platforms.

The days of linear TV as it stands are numbered.

This is not something within the control of BT, however they have given customers notification and the option to cancel.

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 51

2 Channels going!

Just had email from BT saying that Fox and Discovery will be removed 30 June! Being replaced with 6 Childrens channels!!! This is of no use to me. Will I be able to cancel my contract with BT TV?

I guess I will have to return my box as I don't want to subscribe to any other packages. So annoying as I sold my own BT box when I took out a subscription. 

We hardly get any channels with Now as it is. Very poor show indeed.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 19 of 51

Re: 2 Channels going!

@MitoManwrote:

Will I be able to cancel my contract with BT TV?

The letter/email informing you of the channels being removed will state if you can cancel the TV package without charge.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 20 of 51

Re: What are my options???

@slt76wrote:

Can I cancel the TV off the back of this?? I also have BT sport. Can I walk away from the sport and TV as the contract is broken on BT's side? I'd just use the box as PVR for the FTA channels.

The email/letter informing you of the channel loss will state if you can cancel without charge, depending on when you received the box, it could be on loan and need returned to avoid a charge, any equipment sent on or after 19/12/2019 belongs to BT and isn't yours, equipment sent before belongs to the customer and can be kept.