cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
browdvdw
Message 2 of 11

What customer service? A joke

Customer service is shocking, especially for loyal customers

I received a letter last week saying I can have unlimited BB and phone with evening and W/E calls for £24.99

Wow, that's a good deal, phoned the 0800 no. to be told 'we cannot do it for that price'!

After many phone calls from India later they said they would do me a so called deal to upgrade to fibre and promise they will compensate me for some of the difference between the 24.99 and the deal I get

Mr Joker fom India calls today, they cannot do anything. After much compalining and saying I will leave BT at the earliest opportunity he says OK I can make a deal with you....wait for it

They will put the amount I am in credit back into my bank account...errrrr THAT'S MY MONEY!!!!

Unbelievable, I cannot say how I responded to the 3 text messages I received for my feedback after the call today, and I emailed the 'manager' from overseas that made me that promise last weekend and I called him a blatant liar, just fobbing me off, I cannot wait to hear back from him

Needless to say I will NEVER recommend BT to anyone

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
browdvdw
Message 1 of 11

Re: Daylight robbery

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

@browdvdw wrote:

There is no such thing as a "loyal" customer, there are only customers.

Most people only stay "loyal" because of inertia about moving to another iSP or for as long as their wallet will let them.

BT and all other ISPs and many other companies such as insurance companies are well aware of that so there is no need to automatically offer any incentives for people to stay.

If you want a better deal you should do your homework and shop around, once you know what is out there you contact the BT Options Team and see if they can match it and if not be prepared to either move to the new ISP or suck it up and stay with BT.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 11

@browdvdwwrote:

Customer service is the same for all customers, I think you're referring to offers available to new customers.

0 Ratings
browdvdw
Message 5 of 11

No, where is your loyalty to loyal customers?

I have been with BT for 27 years, and always overpaid for what I get, and when you send me a letter saying Unlimited Broadband and phone for 24.99 you call me a liar!

I scanned the letter and emailed it to boss man in Pune or whereever, and he said he'll do me a deal, but the deal is that you put the amount I am in credit into my bank account, money that YOU OWE ME!

Thanks for that great deal to appease me BT.

'Here is the money that we owe you that we have been earning interest off' 

Unbelievable

If you want a copy of that letter from your Managing Director of Customer Care Nick Lane I have it on hand to send to you as you seem to be doubting me as well

It's on it's way to trading standards and Ofcom on Monday with a long email  

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 11

@browdvdwyour issue isn't related to the OP, hijacking someone elses thread doesn't help the OP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

browdvdw

Just in case you were not aware, this is a BT residential customer to customer forum. The people you are ranting to are not BT staff, they are customers just like you. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Re: What customer service? A joke

£24.99 is the cost for unlimited standard broadband and with unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines, for new customers joining BT, In another thread you have stated you're upgrading to fibre

Was the letter you recieved addressed to you or was it a general mail drop sent to all houses in that area ?

0 Ratings
browdvdw
Message 9 of 11

I think you will find Richie went OT first on this thread if you look back

Message 4 of 7

@browdvdwwrote:

Customer service is the same for all customers, I think you're referring to offers available to new customers.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Sorry, It's hard to keep track as you're posting in various threads.

0 Ratings