cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

What do I have to do to get BT to send me my Smart Hub?

Go to solution

I've just upgraded to FTTH 330mbps broadband, which is working great on my Home Hub 5.

At the point of ordering I paid £9.99 for postage on a BT Smart Hub (the 5GHz band on the HH5 sucks, and 2.4GHz limits me at wifi to about 50Mbps).

My FTTH order (including smart hub) is now showing "Complete".  But the Smart Hub still says "Awaiting Dispatch".  It was meant to be delivered the 17th December.

I contacted BT on Twitter, who put an order through for another on the 18th without any explanation as to what happened to the first one.  Now THAT says "Awaiting Dispatch", but also says "Complete" and "Order closed".

There is obviously some massive flaw in the system.  I really need to get this sorted so I can switch over to 802.11ac.

The experience with BT getting fibre installed has so far been 1st class, but this issue is really letting the side down.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: What do I have to do to get BT to send me my Smart Hub?

Go to solution

Bear in mind that this is a special version of the Smart Hub, which has a WAN socket on it, so there may be a shortage.

0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If that was the case, why would they not update the customer?

0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

It just gets crazier...

1st order  - never arrived.

2nd order - never arrived.

3rd order - arrived (with instructions to return previous hardware I haven't even received), but the wrong hub.  no WAN port.

Currently awaiting my 4th order being dispatched, meant to be happening today for delivery on the 27th.  Given that I have a 66% failure rate on orders simply not being dispatched from BT, I am not overly confident that it's going to happen.

The person I spoke to at the 3rd order told me that the first two "had not even reached the warehouse".  Why?  Who knows?  Something in BT's system is badly broken if I have to request hardware this many times.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

27th almost been and gone - no smart hub.

This is a complete and utter joke.  One mistake I can accept - nobody's perfect.  Two is unfortunate.  Three is getting irritating.  FOUR is sheer ineptitude.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@desktopgaming I'm really sorry about this, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details if you would like the forum mods to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Neil (and done).  I think the mods here sorted out another problem I had some years back where BT customer services failed, so here's hoping you guys can figure out where it's all going wrong.

0 Ratings
desktopgaming
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Success!

Got an email late-ish last night saying hardware was on its way.... still a bit apprehensive after what happened last time.

However, the new hardware (a Smart Hub 2) turned up this morning.  All set up, and speedtest is now showing over 250mbps  down/50mbps up on 802.11ac WiFi.  Seems to be a rock-solid connection even with 5GHz enabled, which is my main reason for desperately needing the new hub - the Home Hub 5 was so unreliable with 5GHz enabled.  Used to get random drop-outs all the time with hardware, even stuff that was connected to 2.4GHz.

I've got to be honest - this has been a bit of a pain.  But at least it's all been sorted out now.

Massive thanks to whoever it was, for whatever it was they did. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

That's great to hear @desktopgaming Smiley Happy

I'm glad you have it and all's working now.

Take care and have a great day.

All the best,

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings