cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

What does price promise actually mean?

Price Promise

“your monthly price stays the same when your contract ends” 
can someone explain exactly what this means in practice please?

so, if I’m paying say, £50 a month for broadband and calls and under the halo price promise at the end of my contract my monthly price will stay the same, does it actually mean that my monthly price will just keep coming out from direct debit for £50 and my broadband and calls package will stay as is? So in effect I don’t need to do anything at the end of the contract? I don’t even need to recontract? Obviously I accept that the inflationary increases will get added on over time,  but that’s it? 

Both my mum and I are coming to the end of our contracts and with the price promise we’re not sure whether we have to re-contract (but then that leaves us open to increased package prices and new packages that weren’t available when we contracted last year but which we don’t want to change to) or whether we just leave things ticking over as they are and we don’t actually have to physically phone up and do anything nor upgrade or downgrade nor anything : we can just leave it as it is.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: What does price promise actually mean?

The price promise means that your package price without any discounts that you may have had, will remain the same.

This means that any discounts that you may have been given for being in a fixed term contract will stop and you will pay the full undiscounted price for the package.

See the Terms and Conditions

BT Halo 3 and 3+ terms

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: What does price promise actually mean?

Oh right. So nowhere near as good as it implies. So there is every incentive to try and get a new deal.

I really didn’t appreciate this and I’m sure most people don’t either

0 Ratings