Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPF90
Message 1 of 5

What is going on... house move + upgrade

Go to solution

Hi,

I am now at the end of my wits trying to solve this...

My current package is out of contract, and as we are moving house I did not contact BT to change anything.

On Friday I contacted BT customer options team, who then went through my options and I decided to stay with BT and upgrade my package to Infinity as it is available at my new address. [BT Infinity 1 package + entertainment plus with new YouView+ box] I explained to the member of staff that I would be moving house on Wednesday (Today), and would like the other service to cease on Saturday at my current address. This was all agreed and seemingly okay - I recieved an email confirming what we had discussed and all was fine.

That same night, I then recieved an email saying my activation date had been delayed until 6th September (!!) and also noted it had my old postcode on there, not the new one which I will be living in from today. 

I then logged into my BT account the next morning, and now my 'new' order seems to have been totally cancelled.

I have now had about 15 live chats and conversations with seemingly every department with BT India to understand why it was cancelled and noone seems to help - I get passed to the orders team who then pass me to the home move team, and then get passed back, each time having to explain the whole situation again.

All I want is for a new package to be set up at my new address on the activation date that was agreed (26th August) - it's really not that hard, is it? I did not think moving home and upgrading would be that difficult in 2016! My partner runs a business from home so having no internet for 3-4 weeks is really not acceptable.

The 'new' order number was **Edited** - all now showing as cancelled.

Please, please, can someone help? I cannot go through being passed around for 2-3 hours between every BT team again.

I'm very reasonable but this is a total joke.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: What is going on... house move + upgrade

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @DPF90

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your order has been cancelled and I appreciate the length of time you have spent contacting us to try and get this sorted out.  You can send us over your details and we will give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DPF90
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @RobbieMac, I have filled that in and hopefully you can figure something out!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @DPF90,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm really happy I was able to help and your service are all up and running at your new address Smiley Happy

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings