cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tantalum
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

What is the cheapest way to get BT Sport?

BT have just upped their prices and I am now paying more for BT Sport and entertainment plus package. I'm a bit hazy but when I first signed up a few years ago I recall that BT Sport came free or at least at a very discounted price if I purchased the entertainment package. This is no longer the case and I am now paying for both the entertaintment plus package that I can happily do without and I am also paying for BT sport which I would like to keep.

Can I get rid of the entertainment package and keep BT sport at the same price that it is now (£10)? Or if I do that will I get shafted and have to pay more for BT Sport?

Failing that, if I get rid of the entertainment plus package and BT Sport on TV how much is having the BT Sport online player/app? I don't need to watch it on TV. I can happily watch it on my computer/tablet/phone if it makes it cheaper. As per the title, what's the cheapest way to get the BT Sport? Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
GillC6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: What is the cheapest way to get BT Sport?

In terms of TV the cheapest I can see is Freeview +Sport @ £15. Or you can just have the app (assuming you have BT broadband) for £10.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Ring 0800 800 150 and negotiate, I've always found them to be pretty receptive and indeed a number of users on this forum have talked about the discounts they have, have been offered and/or successfully negotiated.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 4

You might find an upgrade to Max HD more appealing, BT Sport is included and in HD, better value than having them on their own and you'll get more content, see what deals are available through the loyalty team, bear in mind any changes will see the BTTV and BB renewed on a new minimum term.

0 Ratings