cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Taffy078
Expert
Message 1 of 2

What's the quickest way (other than phone) to make a formal complaint about a serious billing error?

I'm Secretary of a sports club. On the 1st September, after previously speaking/emailing the BT Sports team about their new Sports package terms, I emailed them to cancel the package. Our billing date is around the 30th so they had plenty of time to cancel our direct debit. But they didn't - of course - and they took our money by direct debit 

I phoned them on the 29th September to complain - handler #2 apologised and said that the cancellation was only processed on the 21st and so missed the deadline. The next account would show a refund, she said.

But it didn't - of course.

I've contacted the bank and have cancelled the direct debit. I now want to complain about this and also, according to what handler #1 emailed me, about the fact that BT has overcharged the club in the last 12 months.

I'm about to phone the "Commitment to our customers" number 0845 600 6156 and if necessary I'll write to theCorrespondence Centre in Durham - they've been excellent in the past - but is there an email address to send complaints to?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: What's the quickest way (other than phone) to make a formal complaint about a serious billing er

Usually to cancel things you have to phone up.

Try 0800 800 030

0 Ratings