cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timbolpl
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

What sort of price are people paying for the 4K Sport Pack?

Hi. Called up a couple of times now trying to enquire about the price for switching from Max HD to the 4K Sport Pack, as it ridiculously doesn't let you do it online. Been quoted twice now £25, meaning I'd lose my entire £11 a month discount I currently get and has taken me years to build up. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: What sort of price are people paying for the 4K Sport Pack?

I was told the same thing but managed to get around it by speaking to a star of an employee who helped with another issue and they kept me on my same deal but put 4K on... 

timbo_lets_get_it
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Congrats.  It’s annoying though the way it’s a lottery of who gets what. I’ll call up again and ask though, cheers.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

i've generally found the direct sales teams to be very good. But i had slightly unusual circumstances which meant i was sent a 4K box to resolve an unrelated issue but as it wasn't showing on the account the sales guys wanted to send me another box for £50 plus £10 activation and i'd lose my discounts.. I emailed the helpful chapess on the forum who sorted my other issue out and she fixed this for me as well.. If you speak to the right parts of BT, their customer service is second to none... 

timbo_lets_get_it
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Cheers for that reply and the info. all sorted now and my 4K setup is arriving on monday. great customer service & in the end it got resolved. didn’t half make me work for it though which is made a bit frustrating by the fact they give such unbelievable deals away to new customers no questions asked. on the same day i got my 4k upgrade, they were actually offering new customers the entire 4k pack, infinity plus, a free xbox one, and an £80 mastercard for 59.99 a month. and 5 pounds off the 4k pack plus a free box for existing customers the day after, wheras they point blank wouldn’t go lower than 25 pounds a month for me until i called up 5 times in the last month begging for a compromise.

still, very happy with the outcome in the end. ended up actually even improving my price slightly providing i took out a new contract & paid 49 pounds for the box. BT are easily the best provider around.

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

They're not without fault however they have far fewer faults than the other bunch of charlatans.. 

timbo_lets_get_it
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Yeah they’ve been good with me over the years but in the end i had to make it clear we need to come to a compromise on the 4k pack or it’s a deal breaker. I can’t be subsidising new customers to get a discounted 4k pack and free box, discounted infinity plus, free mastercard and a free £200 pound xbox one. fair’s fair, i need a decent deal too. i got nothing like that when i signed up a few years ago so it’s not like new customers are simply getting what i got.

0 Ratings