cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djphoto7896
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

What the hell is going on

Ok hello everyone I don't normally rage but this has started me winding up.
I ordered phone, tv and broadband online
I also needed to have a new line fitted.
Now I had an engineer come out and fit a phone line with a standard socket.
I asked him if he fitted the tv and broadband he said no I'm just the engineer to fit the phone line.
So I now phoned customer service regarding having an engineer out to fit my tv and in infinity.
I spoke to a lady on the phone regarding why I only had a line installed and she Apologised and said an engineer would be out to install copper broadband on Monday the 14th so I had some. Broadband and then I would be out onto infinity on the 17th.
Now today at 3pm I received an email saying sorry your leaving us and I need to return my equipment and pay £73 for cancelling early so I duly got on the phone to customer services once again and tried to discuss the matter with a gentlemen of non English desent.
And explained what has happened and he said did I want the phone line moved I said no it needs to have the infinity bit fitted to it so I can get broadband and no I didn't want to cancel my phone tv or broadband this has really wound me up and is not a good advertisement of their service as I'm coming over from virgin as I thought bt would be able to give me a good service how wrong I am. And the guy I spoke to claims he is going to ring me tomorrow between 2-4 to let me know everything has been sorted what's the meetings I don't get a ho one call.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 12

Re: What the hell is going on

Hi djphoto7896, 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. I am sorry that you haven't had a reply yet but this is not something the community will be able to help with. 

I would like to take a look at your order and see what is happening. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
djphoto7896
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi I have now had my line reactived and I'm currently waiting on a my bb to be installed on 24th I shallow keep you posted
0 Ratings
djphoto7896
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Well I have just contacted bt to make sure my broadband is going to be installed as scheduled tomorrow for them to now turn round and say the cabinet can't have any more connections so no one thought to actually tell me this I have wasted 2 months on this and now I'm going to have to look elsewhere
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

@djphoto7896 wrote:
Well I have just contactedbt to make sure my broadband is going to be installed as scheduled tomorrow for them to now turn round and say the cabinet can't have any more connections so no one thought to actually tell me this I have wasted 2 months on this and now I'm going to have to look elsewhere

It will be the same cabinet, whoever you use for superfast fibre, so the problem will  still be there. You are best waiting in your existing queue, as it will be first come first served, and you will lose your place if you move provider.

Also as your line has been activated, you will be faced with large cancellation charges if you cancel.

The only other alternative would be a cable company, if they serve your area.

0 Ratings
djphoto7896
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Well this is interesting.
I now have phone and copper wire broadband and have now been charged £230 for the privelage.
This is getting beyond the joke bt have not only cancelled my original order and charged me for it but because when I recontacted them to get a new phone line and broadband it's under a different account number so I am being charged for them cancelling the original order and have gone overdrawn at my bank so I'm going to be charged there also I wonder where I stand with the obudsman or watchdog on this
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Have you re-contacted the moderator who was dealing with your case?

0 Ratings
djphoto7896
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Not yet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

@djphoto7896 wrote:
Not yet

That would be the best thing to do, as they can sort it all out, and make sure you are not out of pocket. They are your single point of contract.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi djphoto7896,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry this hasn’t been sorted for you yet. I’ve checked our queue but we don’t have an email from you. I’m sure we can help you so can you send over your details? You’ll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings