cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

What to expect when out of contract.

I’m currently on a Halo3 package paying £47/month for BB and phone. My contract ends in September this year.

I could do without the phone and the Fibre2 package BB only looks attractive at £29.99 for new customers. It also includes an upgrade to full fibre when it becomes available at no extra cost, not to mention a £100 gift card offer.

For me, while still in contract, I am told I would have to pay £58/m for the same package.

When my contract ends am I likely to be able to negotiate the same deal as a new customer for Fibre2. After all, BT promise that ‘you will never pay more than a new customer’.

I suspect I’ll not be offered the same terms so I’m quite prepared to walk away from BT.

If I move to another provider for, say, 18 months and then decide to return to BT will I then be considered a ‘new customer’ and be able to take advantage of any new customer introductory offers?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: What to expect when out of contract.

from checking the Fibre 2 package is £29.99 on offer but does not include Halo 3 or ability to make/receive calls.  that offer expires in just over 2 days.  you would not qualify for the £100 voucher

you could try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate and if don't like offer then just walk away and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I spent 45 min on live chat yesterday with the ‘leaving BT’ agent and got nowhere. I was told to check my personal offers on ‘MyBT’ nearer the time my contract ends.

I can’t face another session on the phone today…

Any thoughts on this…

‘If I move to another provider for, say, 18 months and then decide to return to BT will I then be considered a ‘new customer’ and be able to take advantage of any new customer introductory offers?’

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@jhiker wrote:

Any thoughts on this…

‘If I move to another provider for, say, 18 months and then decide to return to BT will I then be considered a ‘new customer’ and be able to take advantage of any new customer introductory offers?’

Yes.

Be aware that if you move away from BT Broadband your BTMail email address, if you have one, will be downgraded to BTMail Basic which can only be accessed on webmail (via a browser) and not when using an email client/app unless you pay £7.50 to have a BTPremium email account.

Message 5 of 5

Hi @jhiker   

You really need to wait until you are out of your minimum term (September?). In February I was paying £64 for Halo 3+ and 700 minutes while being out of contract. It seems that BT are extremely reluctant for you to lose Halo and they wouldn’t offer me anything.

So after some research I decided to move to Sky. I committed and ordered Sky, this immediately kicked BT into action. Within days BT contacted me and beat the Sky price and I cancelled the move and stayed with BT (with no Halo). Bonus was I avoided the April increase and am now paying 46% of what I was paying before the move and after the April price increase.

The important thing to remember is you have to be committed and don’t assume BT will try to keep you.