cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

When a discount isn't a discount

I renewed my Infinity 1 contract recently and was given a discount of £7 on the standard £49.99 so £42.99 a month for 18 months.   Better than nothing I thought and I know loyal customers don't get as good deals as new ones.

I noticed today that the offer for unlimited Infinity customers is £35.99 per month for 18 months and then £41.99 per month, so even my discounted rate is higher than the new customer will pay after their discount finishes!

I know the only way to beat the system is to keep changing providers, but it does annoy me that existing customers don't get a fairer deal and have to go through hoops with discounts on this and that for various lengths of time eg TV, HD, Sport.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: When a discount isn't a discount

The pricing on the Unlimited Infinity at £41.99 has been like that for some time and appears to be the only one that is out of step with what should be the correct non discounted figure.
Does your MyBT show any special offers at all as you may be able to recontract again using them.

The availability of discounts appears to be somewhat random and you have to ring customer options several times to even get close to something sensible.

0 Ratings
xmarksthespot
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@f1charlie Ah yes, those "discounts".

I'm a long-standing BT customer (I think they're pretty rubbbish but see them as the least worst option in my area).

I'm on Infinity 1 at £49.99 and get a £27 discount. I don't see why BT have to p*ss customers about with a myriad of "deals".

@conrad - As far as "special offers" under MyBT is concerned, mine was to move to BT Infinity 2 and pay more - but my line doesn't support Infinty 2 speeds, so in effect I'd end up by paying more and staying on BT Infinity 1 speeds. What a con. Caveat emptor.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@conradThe last time I looked, MyBT 's special offer was more expensive than what I had!

@xmarksthespot£27 discount!! I'm also a long standing customer, but that counts for nothing these days. Would you like to negotiate a deal for me next time, I'm obviously rubbish! 🙂 I've got to wait 16 months now though 😞

0 Ratings