cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

When do BT issue pro rate refund when service ends?

Go to solution

Hi

Moved our BB to Sky on 7 Sep. (BT Sport switched yesterday) Our July payment was up to Oct, so just wondering when to expect the partial refund.

Thank you 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: When do BT issue pro rate refund when service ends?

Go to solution

Once your last service ends a final bill will be generated around 7 days later, this will include the amount of the pro-rata refund, leave the direct debit active and payments take around 5 working days to appear in your bank, if no active direct debit then a cheque is issued and posted to the billing address on the account.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Obrigado

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi again

Keep checking our bank app to see if partial refund gone in but no joy. It’s now a week since BT Sport stopped and three weeks for BB. (Haven’t removed DD)

Is it time to escalate 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

It's been 7 days since the BT Sport ended by the original post, so your final bill will be generated shortly, give it a day or 2.

Do you have a BT email address ? if that's been kept it will downgrade to basic and is an active service which delays the final bill as you retain a service.

Give the billing team a call if you want exact dates but it's not overdue yet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Many thanks. Understand email will be “downgraded”. Decided that having to access via web is less stressful than changing, with all that entails.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

Me again. Still no pro rate refund from BT.  Guess I’ll have to ring em?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I'm guessing the free basic email is stopping it, technically you still have an active service on that account, the billing team will help but I'd expect you might need to let the next billing cycle run, then refund the credit manually.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks. I’m not really happy to cough up for another three months, and then try to get a bigger refund. I thought there might be an issue with the email account. Can’t just be me, so obviously systemic flaw in process. Do you have the number for the billing team? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Longshanks,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you haven't received your refund after your account was closed. If you send me your details, I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings