cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartin69
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

When do I need to start nagging at BT to find out when infinity connection will be switched on?

Go to solution

Today is activation day, had email yesterday stating all should be switched over in 30 minutes.

lost Sky broadband around 9am this morning and not heard anything from BT yet? Should I be worried?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: When do I need to start nagging at BT to find out when infinity connection will be switched on?

Go to solution
Activation can take any time up till midnight.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Osbornerk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: When do I need to start nagging at BT to find out when infinity connection will be switched on?

Go to solution

Have you plugged in new router? It will probabably be live!

0 Ratings
smartin69
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I realise that it did mention that the activation could take until midnight but was hoping that it might happen within 30 minutes of the Sky broadband going dead as that is what the email had suggested.

Any harm in just plugging in the new router and seeing if it is live without waiting for any kind of BT acknowledgment as suggested by the other responder?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Absolutely not. Plug the router in, it'll probably be live.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
I assumed you had already done that and it wasn't working...
0 Ratings
smartin69
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Plugged it in, switched it on and it all seems to be working, thanks.

Still no notification from BT, though! I suppose it will turn up eventually 🙄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
It usually takes a few hours from the engineers closing off the job for it to filter through the various systems which will eventually generate an automated email.
0 Ratings